Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Nice read here about the reality which is happening today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-02-2022, 07:22 AM)Me+Me Wrote: [ -> ]https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/10-02-...EkZJePV3NY
It's good to read something thoughtful for a change.  Hickey is always worth reading.
he nailed it.
It is difficult to disagree with a word of that, and I imagine most of the population can see how dangerous this has become.
You do fear for the contry at times.
The fire service used monsoon buckets to put out the bush fire in Silverstream just over two weeks ago. I am sure those pilots could douse something else that is only 28 km away.
Hickey's proposed solution is essentially for government to heavily control the internet/control what information the general public has access to...yeah nah, no thanks. China does exactly that and any intelligent, thinking person would have no desire to go down that route.

Remember, whenever you consent to (or encourage, as you all seem to be doing) a government assuming increased levels of power and control over our lives, you're extremely naive if you don't do so on the assumption that a future governments that you don't agree with will also get those same powers. I get it, a lot of you like Ardern and generally agree with what she and her government want to do, and you strongly disagree with her opponents. But, if you sit back and happily let this government exert increased levels of control (and internet censorship is a HUGE increase in control), you need to understand that a new government may come along, and that new government will now be able to control you in a way you don't agree with.
Good idea!
I am sure a couple of hovering helicopters would rip a few tent pegs out too.
Another good read. Support David Slack by subscribing - his daily newsletters are well worth the small cost.

https://subslack.substack.com/p/back-to-...PGhLO8N0rI
DKen41 wrote
"Remember, whenever you consent to (or encourage, as you all seem to be doing) a government assuming increased levels of power and control over our lives, you're extremely naive if you don't do so on the assumption that a future governments that you don't agree with will also get those same powers."

i disagree, we do what we do to best survive at that time
during the war freedoms were lost and it never even came here
soldiers in WW2 had to take mandatory vaccines. lights had to be turned off. pubs closed early.
food rationing, the list goes on.
we adapt or die.
once the war was over we reverted back, although it took a bloody long time to kill the 6 oclock swill.

theres a pandemic, a modern first. we react accordingly. yes freedoms have been curtailed. we are a democracy, incoming governments will have to restore rights or face the political outcome.

the needs of the 96% outweighs the wants of the 4%.
Needs should always outweigh wants.
(11-02-2022, 09:57 AM)alpha111 Wrote: [ -> ]The fire service used monsoon buckets to put out the bush fire in Silverstream just over two weeks ago. I am sure those pilots could douse something else that is only 28 km away.
Patience grasshopper. It looks very much like ex-cyclone Dovi will do the job for them over the next few days. Lets see how 'hardcore' those protestors really are.
The fact that some protesters here have used Trump flags & mentioned Qanon conspiracies shows how very confused these people must be since they're apparently unable to distinguish between NZ & America.

Lots of heavy rain needed, directly over their camp.
(11-02-2022, 12:30 PM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2022, 09:57 AM)alpha111 Wrote: [ -> ]The fire service used monsoon buckets to put out the bush fire in Silverstream just over two weeks ago. I am sure those pilots could douse something else that is only 28 km away.
Patience grasshopper. It looks very much like ex-cyclone Dovi will do the job for them over the next few days. Lets see how 'hardcore' those protestors really are.
Oh, I do hope so. Cool Big Grin
With all the moisture around (from above and and the sprinklers), I'm expecting a mini-Glastonbury but without the talent.

My solution: free food! Oh, did I give you all diarrhoea? And did I remove the portaloos? My bad.
(11-02-2022, 06:00 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: [ -> ]With all the moisture around (from above and and the sprinklers), I'm expecting a mini-Glastonbury but without the talent.

My solution: free food! Oh, did I give you all diarrhoea? And did I remove the portaloos? My bad.
Must say I was impressed with Mallard's sprinkler move. Nice and subtle!
(11-02-2022, 06:12 PM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2022, 06:00 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: [ -> ]With all the moisture around (from above and and the sprinklers), I'm expecting a mini-Glastonbury but without the talent.

Must say I was impressed with Mallard's sprinkler move. Nice and subtle!
Me too. Good old Trevor, ever resourceful and he knows the rules better than anyone.
bahahahaha thats so funny.
a move right out of my playbook.
even tho mallard might be dumbest, brain dead trougher of them all
he knocked that one out of the park.