Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Fuel Tax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So how long until that 25c a litre is eaten up by increases at the pump?

Effectively all they've done is roll back the calendar by a week or two, but ultimately it's not like that could really do anything really meaningful - someone's got to pay for the roads! Fun fact, fuel is currently 4c a litre in Venezuela.

The half-price public transport is a nice touch though. Not of much use to the gold card-toting oldies, but at least it provides an incentive to go public.
next week I would say...
(14-03-2022, 03:58 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: [ -> ]So how long until that 25c a litre is eaten up by increases at the pump?

Effectively all they've done is roll back the calendar by a week or two, but ultimately it's not like that could really do anything really meaningful - someone's got to pay for the roads! Fun fact, fuel is currently 4c a litre in Venezuela.

The half-price public transport is a nice touch though. Not of much use to the gold card-toting oldies, but at least it provides an incentive to go public.
$2 a gallon in Pakistan ,so who is the third world country now ?
This gold card toting oldie is delighted by the fare thing. I want public transport to be totally fare free. For everyone.

Because of Climate Change.
(14-03-2022, 08:06 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]This gold card toting oldie is delighted by the fare thing. I want public transport to be totally fare free. For everyone.

Chloe Swarbrick pointed it out via Twitter that, based on the Govt's estimates, a full year of free public transport would cost less than three months of cut-rate fuel taxes.

She single-handedly is driving my decision to consider voting Greens for the first time ever.

(14-03-2022, 03:58 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: [ -> ]So how long until that 25c a litre is eaten up by increases at the pump?

Why can't we just buy our petrol from Venezuela?
(14-03-2022, 08:06 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]This gold card toting oldie is delighted by the fare thing. I want public transport to be totally fare free. For everyone.

Yep, me too. I do resent though, that I feel the urge to mentally thank Winston every time I use it. Big Grin

On the subject of climate change, I came across this.
An Australian court has overturned a successful case brought by two children & a nun last year which sought to prevent expansion of a coal mine in NSW.

Those neighbours of ours across the ditch are a pain in the proverbial sometimes.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/03/15/austr...ge-ruling/
Pisses me off, I filled the car up yesterday, wish I had waited for today (sigh)
(15-03-2022, 02:19 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: [ -> ]Pisses me off, I filled the car up yesterday, wish I had waited for today (sigh)
You're probably not alone in that, if its any comfort. There'll likely be a few people cursing about it.
yep, we did three cars
(15-03-2022, 02:31 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]yep, we did three cars
Bugger. Well, at least you won't run out any time soon. Big Grin Big Grin
For those of us that were chatting about EVs in this thread that content has now been shifted over to the Motoring/EV category, at my request. It seemed like the more fitting location was why Blush
(25-03-2022, 05:32 PM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]For those of us that were chatting about EVs in this thread that content has now been shifted over to the Motoring/EV category, at my request. It seemed like the more fitting location was why Blush
Got it, thanks mate.