Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: What's in our water?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I buy a bottle of water, the bottle has information on minerals pH contained on the bottle.     I pay a heap for my water rates but getting water test results from the council for tap water proves to be more difficult. 
It would great to see quarterly averaged water test results on water rates bill showing things like Nitrates, chlorides, e-coli, flourides..... I pretty sure these tests are already being done????
This would allow us to make informed decisions on additional filtration where we have safety concerns.
that sounds like a good idea.
might have saved the population of havelock north from getting the shits.
as you say, bottled water has it listed, no reason we couldnt
Very good idea. I have spent a lot of time trying to find out about our local water treatment, particularly
fluoride and chlorine levels, with no success. In light of the recent Wellington fluoride fiasco I'm going to renew my efforts.

Roll on Three Waters, with its proposed expertise and transparency.
i just chill it and chug it
done it everywhere ive lived
so far so good
yes I wonder if that is not part of the proposals of the three waters as well, certainly be useful to have
I had no issues getting details when I had aquariums. But that variation across the country is one of the reasons Three Waters is proposed...

Water management is too important to be so inefficient.
#1 That does sound like a good idea; better to know what's in it, what's being added to it or what's lacking in it than not these days.

No one wants another situation like the one in Flint, in Michigan, which had high levels of lead.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/stu...ints-water
Don't worry once 3 waters arrives you will know what we are drinking, the way its going it will be waste water for drinking and clean water down the drains, that's if its not amended again and again
(19-03-2022, 11:28 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry once 3 waters arrives you will know what we are drinking, the way its going it will be waste water for drinking and clean water down the drains, that's if its not amended again and again
I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Can you go into a bit more detail?
You are so norty Olive. But I like you.
When I was a kid we would fill a glass of water, and come back to drink it 20 minutes later when it had finally cleared...and it still tasted like a swimming pool. 60 years later, sometimes I run a bath, and it looks like I've already had a bath - it's muddy and murky. Town supply tap water has always been shit.

Now, tank water, that's a different story. It's full of bird shit and leaves...and who knows what else - but still better than town supply. We had tank water at the workshop, and my mate was welding under a car...and a spark went down his earhole. He raced outside and put his ear under the tank tap...all not good - he had had burned a hole in his eardrum. A couple of days later there is all sorts of crap pouring out of his ear...seriously infected. We had a look in the water tank....and there was a dead bird in there ! He was always deaf in that ear. We only used the water to make tea, so all good.
Auckland water is fine. I cook with it, make tea with it, brush my teeth, water my garden and wash my clothes and shower in it. But no way will I drink it straight.

Great investment, my distiller.

Now, if it was Marlborough water, that'd be different.
(19-03-2022, 02:18 PM)Olive Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-03-2022, 11:28 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry once 3 waters arrives you will know what we are drinking, the way its going it will be waste water for drinking and clean water down the drains, that's if its not amended again and again
I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Can you go into a bit more detail?
I was being sarcastic but the government has changed its mind on several issues concerning 3 waters and this is even before its been implemented so no doubt they will keep changing their minds the more people come to hate it and if it means they lose votes.
We need a sarcasm icon...it might get worn out quickly though. Smile
Let's hope the button remains in mint condition. Sarcasm doesn't really work on a message board like this, it becomes cheap dog-whistling and demeans the subject.
We have to remember the policy is up for discussion, and as a result of ongoing consultation is already getting a bit of panelbeating. This is a good thing...
(19-03-2022, 06:28 PM)Olive Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope the button remains in mint condition.  Sarcasm doesn't really work on a message board like this, it becomes cheap dog-whistling and demeans the subject.
Sarcasm works anywhere even in here , dont worry If there was a button I would only use it against you, and you can go whistle your dog anytime.
(19-03-2022, 07:17 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]We have to remember the policy is up for discussion, and as a result of ongoing consultation is already getting a bit of panelbeating. This is a good thing...
Indeed. And let's not lose sight of the overall target, which is to improve the quality of water, waterways and associated infrastructure in Aotearoa by having clear criteria and fair pricing. Also to eliminate the cronyism that is taken for granted in many local bodies.
Olive you should work for the government, they would love you and your way of thinking, shame the local councils dont agree with you  Big Grin
Why are you buying water ? when our Council assures us the brownish muck in our drinking water is perfectly safe ,the Bars...ards installed water filters in their premises ,then when the public (remember them ?)screamed bloody murder,they reluctantly ,placed water tankers around town to placate the ,great unwashed (sorry )that's the rate paying public ....
.....They then chlorinated that water ! double barstards ,(yes that is the correct spelling ,seeing as how the Mayor owns a pub and takes his staff for drinkies ....when the stress of irate rate payers banging on the Council door gets too much ! OH nooo you cannot actually get past the Security guard ,or the Iron Nicker wearing Reception person ,to protest in person .buggers .. must go off to get a Prostate exam... at least that's less invasive,than brown poo water coming out your cold water tap !!!
Pages: 1 2