Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Why is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all these shootings going on and in the aftermath of such you see armed cops outside the premises, dont you think that's a bit silly because who ever the shooters were will have no intention of coming back they will be long gone so in my opinion its a bit pointless patrolling with firearms or am I wrong (Again)  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
two reasons I can think of,
1. to provide a sense of security to the victims that have just been traumatised...
2. I could imagine that some drug crazed maniac might be stupid enough to return to the scene if they didn't achieve their original 'goal'
something to do with closing the barn doors after the horse has bolted or somesuch
Yes they are the words I was looking for.
its tokenism.
usually corporate. someone gets shot in invercargill by a disgruntled client
all of a sudden theres two security guards posted at the front door of every Winz/acc.
guards with no defence skills, no training, unarmed, little more than two sacks of warm blubber to absorb bullets in the event of an armed assault.
i feel much safer ta.
It's what they do in America...and they are good at that gun stuff.
(23-04-2022, 09:49 PM)Zurdo Wrote: [ -> ]It's what they do in America...and they are good at that gun stuff.
OR - spectacularly bad at that gun stuff??!! Big Grin Big Grin Angel
Bloody kids. I blame the parents...

Sez she giggling quietly at her memories of raising a teenage kid.

We should never have stopped smacking their tiny wee bottoms.
Sending hunnihunnis name to Sue Bradford
Lol...

There was a kid in the cafe where I had lunch. It was practicing whistling.

I nearly lost it. Much to the hilarity of the staff, who know me very well.
(27-04-2022, 06:53 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Lol...

There was a kid in the cafe where I had lunch. It was practicing whistling.

I nearly lost it. Much to the hilarity of the staff, who know me very well.

Well I hope you found it again, cant have you walking around just about losing it? Could be a very messy situation  Big Grin
Three teenage boys...I still have flashbacks.