Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: An overview of the nutty right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks for that. It is long but worth wading through. The funding of these far-right "disruptors" is the key to clarifying their agenda.

I used to know one of the VFF principals and there is no way in the world she would have the intelligence to know how she is being exploited as a figurehead.
How quickly idiocy spreads, it seems prevalent on some forums which helps explain it to some extent.
Interesting reading, cheers for that.
Talking about idiocy , I see the Bish is on the march again this Saturday, what is he trying to prove , mind you he wants to announce a new political party , its the "BISH BASH" party , just remember its your Destiny to join  Rofl Rofl Rofl
(03-08-2022, 03:35 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: [ -> ]Talking about idiocy , I see the Bish is on the march again this Saturday, what is he trying to prove , mind you he wants to announce a new political party , its the "BISH BASH" party , just remember its your Destiny to join  Rofl Rofl Rofl
Having successfully avoided the McBishop so far, I'm fairly sure I can manage to continue doing so.

That, & the grandkids might take me out & shoot me, if I got involved with that lot... Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
On the subject of the nutty right, that complete nutter, Alex Jones has been ordered to pay a victim's parents over 4 million. Excellent result. Smile

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-jones-...ett-lewis/

"A Texas jury awarded the parents of one of the victims of the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School over $4 million in the damages trial of "Infowars" host Alex Jones. The conspiracy theorist and far-right broadcaster had earlier been found liable for defamation in a default judgment issued by District Judge Maya Guerra Gamble over his false claims the 2012 shooting was "a hoax" in repeated comments over the past decade.

Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, whose 6-year-old son Jesse was one of 20 children and six adults killed during the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on Dec. 14, 2012, sued Jones and his media company, Free Speech Systems, in 2018. The couple originally sought at least $150 million in compensatory damages. Jurors voted first to determine how much of that Jones should be ordered to pay, and arrived at over $4 million. "
There’s a bunch of them running for Local Office in Christchurch
(25-08-2022, 12:35 AM)Foal30 Wrote: [ -> ]There’s a bunch of them running for Local Office in Christchurch
Yeah, I saw that - not just CHCH either, they're trying it on in a few places. I don't much like their chances.

With luck, given time they'll just fade away into non existence. Rolleyes
We need to be vigilant about voting this time round. And watch out for fake wigs and smarmy smiles.
(25-08-2022, 03:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-08-2022, 12:35 AM)Foal30 Wrote: [ -> ]There’s a bunch of them running for Local Office in Christchurch
Yeah, I saw that - not just CHCH either, they're trying it on in a few places. I don't much like their chances.

How you been Lilith?
(25-08-2022, 07:10 PM)Foal30 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-08-2022, 03:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I saw that - not just CHCH either, they're trying it on in a few places. I don't much like their chances.

How you been Lilith?
Not so bad Foal, how's things with you, surviving the trolls OK?
(25-08-2022, 07:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-08-2022, 07:10 PM)Foal30 Wrote: [ -> ]How you been Lilith?
Not so bad Foal, how's things with you, surviving the trolls OK?

I’ve not been online much although Covid and Weather has ment I have not been super busy at work.

Whanau is all good, a few building supplies issues holding up my new music room but can’t complain
(25-08-2022, 07:36 PM)Foal30 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-08-2022, 07:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Not so bad Foal, how's things with you, surviving the trolls OK?

I’ve not been online much although Covid and Weather has ment I have not been super busy at work.

Whanau is all good, a few building supplies issues holding up my new music room but can’t complain
Hope it goes well, sounds interesting. Smile
And it seems Groundswell has them as well.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...o-weed-out

"Groundswell is attempting to distance itself from local government candidates who espouse conspiratorial beliefs and spread misinformation.

The rural lobby group is not standing representatives in October’s local body elections. But Stuff has identified candidates, aligned with Groundswell, who share outlandish theories and harmful fake news about Covid-19 and vaccines.

One hopeful is Tracy Thomasson, their Whangārei convenor.

She presents herself as a struggling, community minded farmer. But online, Thomasson has a very different persona. Using social media she shares posts that question the safety of vaccines, and from leading anti-vax voice Guy Hatchard, and far-right outlet Counterspin Media.

Thomasson also spent four days at the occupation of Parliament grounds, which ended in a riot. She accused police of being “antagonists,” shared posts accusing officers of brutality, and made a series a requests for protestors to gather at Whangārei on 2 March, the day the protest camp was cleared.

She also shared articles containing inaccurate claims that a global elite is using the coronavirus pandemic to dismantle capitalism and enforce radical social change, and that a documentary may have been responsible for the New Lynn terror attack. In one post she praised Russian President Vladimir Putin for demanding payment in roubles for gas from countries which imposed sanctions after the invasion of Ukraine.

Thomasson changed her Facebook settings to private after being contacted by Stuff. In a bizarre interview, questions were first answered by a man speaking in the background. Thomasson then repeated, and expanded on his answers. She would not identify the man, who then began swearing at the reporter.

When asked about spreading misinformation, she said: “I’m not really a conspiracy theorist though...a lot of that is backed by science and is coming in, slow but sure, overseas. We are a little bit behind the times.” Stuff can find no evidence for this assertion about her posts."
It's strange, but a few decades ago these same people would be called The Far Left...hippies, anti nuclear, anti this, anti that. I'm not much into left and right, but anti establishment might cover it....except that I'm anti establishment too...
(28-08-2022, 02:09 PM)Zurdo Wrote: [ -> ]It's strange, but a few decades ago these same people would be called The Far Left...hippies, anti nuclear, anti this, anti that. I'm not much into left and right, but anti establishment might cover it....except that I'm anti establishment too...
  Just goes to show that we've all got stuff to protest against. Smile

The difference between anti nuclear protests & these people though is that the world was well aware of the dangers of nuclear bombs; there wasn't even a shadow of doubt about the destruction they could cause, whereas much of this isn't so easily proven & reeks of CT.
Protest is a big part of a functional Democracy

Yes the Anti-Vax stuff has been tiresome / ridiculous/ poor taste etc but that’s part of the cost of any supposed “free thinking” society.
(28-08-2022, 05:15 PM)Foal30 Wrote: [ -> ]Protest is a big part of a functional Democracy

Yes the Anti-Vax stuff has been tiresome / ridiculous/ poor taste etc but that’s part of the cost of any supposed “free thinking” society.
Free thinking is fine - but when it is ignorant f*wits spreading rubbish - what do you do?
That's a really tempting question, & I'm sure most of us could come up with suggestions as to what to do...Smile

Perhaps they could educate themselves? Do voluntary work with various charities?

Those are the kinder ones I've thought of...
(03-08-2022, 03:35 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: [ -> ]Talking about idiocy , I see the Bish is on the march again this Saturday, what is he trying to prove , mind you he wants to announce a new political party , its the "BISH BASH" party , just remember its your Destiny to join  Rofl Rofl Rofl
TBH, i think I would trust him over any of the clowns currently running this shitshow...
Pages: 1 2 3