Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Should I mention this in feedback?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sold an item by having my counteroffer accepted.   Immediately the buyer emailed asking to reduce the price by $10.  I rejected the request, then he emailed saying he would give me "snacks and a beer" if i reduced the price.  I said no.   He then said he would pay in cash rather than by the direct credit stipulated in the listing.   I agreed, and we arranged delivery.   When I turned up to deliver the item (to uninhabited industrial premises) the buyer was there, and also some kind of "minder", who slunk around in the background, smoking and staring at me.   It felt intimidating and scary.   The  buyer seemed quite shy, and the exchange of cash for the item was fine, but the overall experience was unsettling and unpleasant.  

I'm wondering if I should mention this in my feedback.   In the end I got the price I wanted, but I feel somehow that his attitude cut against the unspoken TM rules of trust and decent behaviour.
I wouldn't. But I would blacklist the buyer so you don't have to come across them again. My fallback position for 'interesting' trades is a polite 'thank you for the trade'. When I see that on feedback I suspect the trade went through but there were unmentioned issues.

There are as many weird people out there as there are fabulous ones...
Thanks Hunni.  Will do.
if it was me i would blacklist and red face.
Something I have learned on TM. Never poke the bear unless you have cleared it with the mods first. And I have poked the bear several times, with TM backing me up if things got nasty.
(25-10-2022, 04:50 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Something I have learned on TM. Never poke the bear unless you have cleared it with the mods first. And I have poked the bear several times, with TM backing me up if things got nasty.

I always got the impression TM never took sides.
Thankfully ive never really had to deal with anything major.

Once I did place a red face on a buyer after numerous emails and no contact, then once I placed the negative feedback, all of a sudden I hear from the buyer asking why i placed a red face and was all apologetic and in the end the trade went through, so some times it works with time wasters.
One other time I never heard back from the buyer and then I get a blue face despite me emailing them multiple times, despite me not even leaving any feedback.
(25-10-2022, 07:08 PM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2022, 04:50 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Something I have learned on TM. Never poke the bear unless you have cleared it with the mods first. And I have poked the bear several times, with TM backing me up if things got nasty.

I always got the impression TM never took sides.

Once I did place a red face on a buyer after numerous emails and no contact, then once I placed the negative feedback, all of a sudden I hear from the buyer asking why i placed a red face and was all apologetic and in the end the trade went through, so some times it works with time wasters.
One other time I never heard back from the buyer and then I get a blue face despite me emailing them multiple times, despite me not even leaving any feedback.

TM have stood up for me in several trading situations that went bad. I had made sure to open a dispute claim first and explained the situation before responding to the sellers. In one case T M actually refunded me when the seller tried to weasel out by only part paying back.  I try to avoid red faces, preferring to either not place fbk at all, or use a blue with difficult trades, but sometimes having TM to advise is better than going it alone.

I must say though, my recent trades have all been with sellers. Last challenging buyer I had was years ago...

Underwhelmed

(26-10-2022, 08:37 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2022, 07:08 PM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]I always got the impression TM never took sides.

TM have stood up for me in several trading situations that went bad. I had made sure to open a dispute claim first and explained the situation before responding to the sellers. In one case T M actually refunded me when the seller tried to weasel out by only part paying back.  I try to avoid red faces, preferring to either not place fbk at all, or use a blue with difficult trades, but sometimes having TM to advise is better than going it alone.

I must say though, my recent trades have all been with sellers. Last challenging buyer I had was years ago...

Trade Me used to be very good at removing retaliatory feedback and figuring out from emails who was telling the truth. However, I recently received a negative feedback which was retaliatory, called me names and outright lied that I had threatened this person.  I sent all the emails to Trade Me and they removed the name-calling and the allegation of threats but left the red face because "that was the buyer's view of the trade".  Even though her judgment is obviously so skewed that telling lies and calling names s acceptable feedback. Trade Me recommended negotiating with this person which is what she actually wants - she said on the feedback that  if I removed my negative, she would remove hers. How much clearer does it have to be that this is retaliatory?  And she has done it to others, judging by her feedback.
I have read that Ebay is skewed in favour of the buyer and I wonder if Trade Me is also heading that way.  Or is it just incompetence? My previous encounter with Trade Me was when another seller copied several distinctive descriptions from my listing for his similar item. Even when the lines were highlighted, Trade Me rep couldn't figure it out, which made me despair for the level of intelligence.