Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Can't paste into TMMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw an article that I thought everyone would have found interesting but it was a bit too much to type in so I thought that I would copy and paste the article but it seems that I can't paste into TMMB. When I try the result is just a few lines. I wondered why that is and is there any way around it.

Thanks for your help.
Just post a link?
Good idea. Unfortunately the article was in an email that I received so it did not have a URL.
(15-01-2023, 09:23 AM)Roscoe Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea. Unfortunately the article was in an email that I received so it did not have a URL.

An article without source details? Hmmmm...
It is probably the email formatting that is upsetting things. try pasting it into a text editor like notepad first, then here.

or if you are using a web browser for email then try the "paste as plain text" option from the right click menu
Thank you King1 I tried that and it worked, so as you say it must have something to do with the formating in the email. It is Gmail. Unfortunately, because it did not work with the article I wanted to paste I deleted the email Not to worry I' ll post what I remember Thanks for your help
one thing to watch with this is the font colour, if it is white text on a black background for example, when you copy paste that here it will be white text on a white background
(15-01-2023, 11:14 AM)Roscoe Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you King1 I tried that and it worked, so as you say it must have something to do with the formating in the email. It is Gmail. Unfortunately, because it did not work with the article I wanted to paste I deleted the email Not to worry I' ll post what I remember Thanks for your help

That's what I sometimes have to do, but it depends on what source you use, too. Some are fine & others are a pain in the proverbial & have to be pasted to another page first, then here.