Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Todd Muller Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is breaking news that Todd Muller has resigned as leader of the National Party.
Last week's 'whack a mole' antics seemed to age him visibly. I'm not surprised he tossed it in. Jacinda would have taken him apart in election debates - no contest!
The word "omnishambles" comes to mind...

Thought that Daddy's Boy would survive until the at least the night of the election. Who would have thought that not being completely honest and surrounding yourself with useless people would make yourself also appear woeful? If it is health-related, then obviously get better, but weird it's not bad enough to stop him being an MP and taking that MP paycheck.

So who's next... Nikki Kaye has been handling/evading a lot of curly questions of late, so probably her even if it turns it into the old battle of Auckland Central. Won't be Judith, no matter how many times people mention her. And what becomes of Amy Adams? Dragged out of retirement, she's never looked like she wanted to be there (increasingly so in the last few days), and recently joined in the latest craze of misidentifying ethnic backgrounds. National don't have any strong male candidates as far as I can tell, but I'm sure they'll drag up someone from the depths because they daren't go to the elections with an all-female ticket.
(14-07-2020, 09:36 AM)thephoenix Wrote: [ -> ]National don't have any strong male candidates as far as I can tell, but I'm sure they'll drag up someone from the depths because they daren't go to the elections with an all-female ticket.
How about Nix Myth. He can spin BS with the best of them! Rolleyes
(14-07-2020, 09:50 AM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2020, 09:36 AM)thephoenix Wrote: [ -> ]National don't have any strong male candidates as far as I can tell, but I'm sure they'll drag up someone from the depths because they daren't go to the elections with an all-female ticket.
How about Nix Myth. He can spin BS with the best of them! Rolleyes

Perfect.
However this plays out over the next 24 hours, this is great news for David Seymour and the ACT vote. Voters looks for a strong and stable party, which National have shown they are not, so you'd expect a swing from the Blues to the Yellows in the polls.
Absolutely hilarious either way.
Looks like they are giving away votes to everybody else literally.
Judith Collins is the new leader and Gerry Brownlee the deputy.   Look out Jacinda!

I do not think there will be a swing from blue to yellow.   More likely the other way round.
Wow, didn't think the Nats would go Mrs Oravida but desperate times call for desperate measures. Laughable that Gerry is the deputy - that won't go over well in Chch.
(15-07-2020, 06:42 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]Judith Collins is the new leader and Gerry Brownlee the deputy.   Look out Jacinda!

I do not think there will be a swing from blue to yellow.   More likely the other way round.
Judith Collins. Seriously, this is a joke!I cant believe they can be that stupid to go with her and Jerry. She is not very popular from what I can tell. I would definitely expect more to go to yellow. This is going to be interesting to watch.
(15-07-2020, 09:35 AM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2020, 06:42 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]Judith Collins is the new leader and Gerry Brownlee the deputy.   Look out Jacinda!

Judith Collins. Seriously, this is a joke!I cant believe they can be that stupid to go with her and Jerry. She is not very popular from what I can tell. I would definitely expect more to go to yellow. This is going to be interesting to watch.
We shall see.

The next poll result after the change of leadership should be interesting.

Collins is a very polarising character and likely to appeal to existing Nat supporters but probably not swing voters. Gerry won't be popular in the Canterbury region, at least. Be interesting to see what rabbits they plan to pull out of their hats.
(15-07-2020, 10:09 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]The next poll result after the change of leadership should be interesting.

There'll be the usual (albeit, abbreviated) honeymoon period for her in the polls. Todd Whats-his-name never got one sadly.

In reality, the gap is going to close up irrespective of which incompetent the Nats have put in charge, but knowing Collins I'm sure she's going to claim that as being because of her, lol.

Eagerly waiting to see how many "people of colour" Collins slots into cabinet positions.
(15-07-2020, 10:38 AM)thephoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2020, 10:09 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]The next poll result after the change of leadership should be interesting.

Eagerly waiting to see how many "people of colour" Collins slots into cabinet positions.
It sounds like she's trying capitalise on her having a Chinese-Samoan husband in gaining 'coloured' folk's' respect. He's the one who is a director of Oravida - doh!
(15-07-2020, 10:26 AM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]

Collins is a very polarising character and likely to appeal to existing Nat supporters but probably not swing voters. Gerry won't be popular in the Canterbury region, at least. Be interesting to see what rabbits they plan to pull out of their hats.
Judging by what Talkback callers were saying National have many more returned and swinging voters.  Most had been going to vote for ACT but now heading back to National and very few are unhappy with the new Leader of the National Party.  We will wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
(15-07-2020, 04:02 PM)Kacee Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2020, 10:26 AM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]Collins is a very polarising character and likely to appeal to existing Nat supporters but probably not swing voters. Gerry won't be popular in the Canterbury region, at least. Be interesting to see what rabbits they plan to pull out of their hats.
Judging by what Talkback callers were saying National have many more returned and swinging voters.  Most had been going to vote for ACT but now heading back to National and very few are unhappy with the new Leader of the National Party.  We will wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
Sounds like the usual talkback radio clan. Not exactly a representative sample of NZers.
I find it hard to believe Judith Collins is that popular.
(15-07-2020, 09:05 PM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]I find it hard to believe Judith Collins is that popular.
A lot of very short memories out there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Col...troversies
The polishing of the turds is complete. National must have got in a new shipment of deckchairs...

Collins surrounding herself with men and non-threatening females it seems. Amusing that National's best three MPs on Monday are now 8th, quitting and quitting. Weird how Muller can't oversee his party but can oversee trade negotiations on a global scale. The eminently incapable Nicola Willis at 13 made me snort.

1. Judith Collins - Leader, National security
2. Gerry Brownlee - Deputy leader, NZSIS, GCSB, Covid-19 border response
3. Paul Goldsmith - Finance, Earthquake Commission
4. Simon Bridges - Foreign affairs, Justice
5. Shane Reti - Health
6. Todd McClay - Economic development, Tourism
7. Chris Bishop - Infrastructure, Transport, Shadow leader of the house
8. Todd Muller - Trade
9. Louise Upston - Social development, Social investment
10. Scott Simpson - Environment, Climate change, Planning (RMA reform)
11. David Bennett - Agriculture
12. Michael Woodhouse - Regional economic development, Pike River re-entry, Deputy shadow leader of the house
13. Nicola Willis - Education, Early childhood education
14. Jacqui Dean - Housing and urban development, Conservation
15. Mark Mitchell - Defence & disarmament, Sport & recreation
16. Melissa Lee - Broadcasting. Communications and digital media, Data and cyber-security
17. Andrew Bayly - Revenue, Commerce, State-owned enterprises, Associate finance, Small business and manufacturing
18. Nick Smith - State services, Electoral law reform, Drug reform
19. Alfred Ngaro - Pacific peoples, Community and voluntary, Children and disability issues
20. Barbara Kuriger - Senior whip, Food safety, Rural communities, women
(15-07-2020, 08:32 PM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2020, 04:02 PM)Kacee Wrote: [ -> ]Judging by what Talkback callers were saying National have many more returned and swinging voters.  Most had been going to vote for ACT but now heading back to National and very few are unhappy with the new Leader of the National Party.  We will wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
Sounds like the usual talkback radio clan. Not exactly a representative sample of NZers.

Some actually sounded quite sane unlike many insomniacs on the overnight sessions.
Pages: 1 2