Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: I never would have thought of that
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am moving into a unit in a retirement village in April. Obviously I cannot move in until it is paid for but the unit is not occupied so I thought that they would not mind if I moved some of my belongings in before I moved but they said no. They said that I cannot move belongings in until two weeks before the move in date. 

Reason? Because they have had people move their furniture in before the due date and then pull out because they have suffered from a heart attack or a stroke. 

While I'm feeling fine I don't suppose there is any way I can say I won't suffer a heart attack or stroke so I will just have to wait a few weeks.

That quite surprised me. I never would have thought of that as a reason for not moving some of belongings in.
lol, shouldn't surprise though should it? they're all thieves...
(22-02-2023, 07:45 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]lol, shouldn't surprise though should it? they're all thieves...

Oh, which one are you in?
(22-02-2023, 07:59 PM)Kenj Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-02-2023, 07:45 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]lol, shouldn't surprise though should it? they're all thieves...

Oh, which one are you in?

i'm not there yet, but Mums moved into one out at Rangiora - she likes it...
If I had the money I'd look at one very seriously, thieves or not...
We have been in a new build Bupa one here in Napier. Not for everyone l know, but with our circumstances it is just what we needed. The benefits to us are tremendous!

Check everything out with your lawyer and weigh up what he tells you. With us, our children are in full support with what we've done. They will get a nice handout when we cark it. Not as much as if we had stayed in our home but, hey, as we say, it's only their inheritance we are spending and they're both quite well off.

Don't listen to people who don't know what they are talking about. People who do this remind me of the old saying about bachelors and spinsters know the most about bringing up children Smile
(22-02-2023, 08:32 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-02-2023, 07:59 PM)Kenj Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, which one are you in?

i'm not there yet, but Mums moved into one out at Rangiora - she likes it...

There goes your inheritance?  Big Grin Big Grin
My Mum moved into one just outside of Chch, very well known, she hated every moment of it, wanted to come back to wrecked house.
Not for everybody. took me 2 years before I was talked into it. I have very little to do with other residents which is fine.
(25-02-2023, 06:31 PM)Kenj Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-02-2023, 08:32 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm not there yet, but Mums moved into one out at Rangiora - she likes it...

There goes your inheritance?  Big Grin Big Grin

took a hit - but on the plus side she sold up about a month before the housing market tanked so she did come out of that quite well...  on the downside I have three other siblings...  Wink
Only till there is no more room under the front porch, surely?  Big Grin