Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Census
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone got their paper yet?
They are doing it different this time round I see, no collectors to deliver the forms, no surprises really as they had online as an option for at least the last 2 census' that were done.
My question is how much the uptake will be this time round? You can still do it on paper if you wish, but have to call and request a form.
I'm hearing from some who haven't even received the letter with the access code yet.
I guess the cyclone wont help things either, I believe they are still exploring options for the regions affected, it got cancelled in 2011 with the earthquakes, only the second time this has ever happened.
got ours last week in the middle of the rain, was completely saturated, so i'll be filling ours in online
ours came in the mail the other day. havent filled it out yet
A bloke knocked on the door with them last week sometime, must remember to do them.

But I bet there'll be those who won't fill them out.
Big envelope over there, unopened, waiting for the 7th. It's cheating to open it early isn't it?
(27-02-2023, 07:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Big envelope over there, unopened, waiting for the 7th. It's cheating to open it early isn't it?

Your allowed to open it anytime.
The odd thing is last census, they were very lax about when you had to fill it in. Once before the rules were you could only fill them in on the night of the census, not the day before or after.
Now they are telling us that we can sign them any time, well thats how i remember it last time. I did mine online and entered the code, the fact that it allowed me to do it online any time, seems to indicate they dont mind any more, or else it would have prevented you from doing it until that day.

(27-02-2023, 05:29 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]got ours last week in the middle of the rain, was completely saturated, so i'll be filling ours in online

The envelope only contains the code needed to access it online, there are no paper forms in the envelope itself.
(27-02-2023, 07:22 PM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-02-2023, 05:29 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]got ours last week in the middle of the rain, was completely saturated, so i'll be filling ours in online

The envelope only contains the code needed to access it online, there are no paper forms in the envelope itself.
That explains why it felt a bit thin.
Ours arrived last week, I've completed it all on line and provided no unexpected guests arrive I will submit it on 7 March. The instructions seem pretty clear.

The PM said that in flood damaged areas there will be extra census staff on the ground for about six weeks to collect census information that hasn't been filed.
Nahhhh...
You lot probably sneak down and open your Christmas presents early too. Why would you spoil the surprise? Big Grin
We have had two letters with two different access codes. Which one to use?
(01-03-2023, 02:46 PM)alpha111 Wrote: [ -> ]We have had two letters with two different access codes. Which one to use?

The second one is 'a reminder'. Explained here: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1313479...us-letters

We received the second one today. I'd already filled out my one and our dwelling one. My partner will get around to doing her one at some stage.
We got 2 forms too.
The newspaper said that it was due to some testing of the systems or something which meant some people may receive a second letter. Either code from each letter can be used, just discard the one you don't use.
(27-02-2023, 07:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni wrote Wrote: [ -> ]Big envelope over there, unopened, waiting for the 7th. It's cheating to open it early isn't it?

It's ok to open it early, but you won't be allowed to eat the sweets, and no puddings at all for you until the 8th.

It's just not worth it.

The Boss is still in hospital, so we may share the censured goodies when she escapes. She's on the 10th floor, so tunneling out is proving a bit tricky.

Confused
My good wife suggests the question on hearing needs a 'selective' option....
All done and submitted. No problem with submitting early - we can go back and change it if need be.
(02-03-2023, 09:26 AM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]My good wife suggests the question on hearing needs a 'selective' option....

Pardon?
Wink

(02-03-2023, 10:33 AM)SueDonim Wrote: [ -> ]All done and submitted. No problem with submitting early - we can go back and change it if need be.

Isn't that what Bill Gates said about Windows ME?

Wink
(02-03-2023, 07:11 PM)R2x1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2023, 09:26 AM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]My good wife suggests the question on hearing needs a 'selective' option....

Pardon?
Wink

(02-03-2023, 10:33 AM)SueDonim Wrote: [ -> ]All done and submitted. No problem with submitting early - we can go back and change it if need be.

Isn't that what Bill Gates said about Windows ME?

Wink

lol
(02-03-2023, 09:15 AM)R2x1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-02-2023, 07:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni wrote Wrote: [ -> ]Big envelope over there, unopened, waiting for the 7th. It's cheating to open it early isn't it?

It's ok to open it early, but you won't be allowed to eat the sweets, and no puddings at all for you until the 8th.

It's just not worth it.

The Boss is still in hospital, so we may share the censured goodies when she escapes. She's on the 10th floor, so tunneling out is proving a bit tricky.

Confused

So, with that hint of sugary delights I opened and did the yes no tick tick tick female  etc thing.

And no sweeties eventuated.

So I am off out to hose the cat. And the garden. Blardy swizz...

Rolleyes

Unless we're dead.

Confused
Then we'd have more important things to worry about. Or Not.
(04-03-2023, 05:48 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2023, 09:15 AM)R2x1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's ok to open it early, but you won't be allowed to eat the sweets, and no puddings at all for you until the 8th.

It's just not worth it.

Confused

So, with that hint of sugary delights I opened and did the yes no tick tick tick female  etc thing.

And no sweeties eventuated.

So I am off out to hose the cat. And the garden. Blardy swizz...

Rolleyes

Unless we're dead.

Confused

Ooooh - just think of it, people to haunt. Politicians in particular... Rolleyes Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4