Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Do we really need this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mark Wahlberg has shared a special message for his Kiwi fans after the opening of his first Wahlburgers restaurant in New Zealand last week.
I think we have plenty of burger joints in New Zealand local and overseas ones to be able to keep people fat for years, why do we need another one and why should we make another American richer,yes I know people will come up with it will employ locals and use local produce but they were charging $23 for a burger , NO WAY!!!  Angry Angry
Well I think the answer to that is we really can't say no to it, probably legally and ethically... Anyone is entitled to throw they're money around as they see fit I guess.
We have the option of using or not using fast food outlets. This place may or may not last the distance.
Globalization is here to stay unfortunately.
But who doesnt enjoy KFC or mcdonalds? I think we are all guilty of going there.
Biggest issue is that your local burger joints dont really have much exposure and only known to locals.
Its hard to find a decent place that makes good burgers. Some businesses have been successful.
The white lady in Auckland or Fergburger in Queenstown are examples of such local institutions that have made a name for themselves.
I would charge twice that for one of my burgers...  Big Grin
(06-03-2023, 10:59 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: [ -> ]...
But who doesnt enjoy KFC or mcdonalds? I think we are all guilty of going there.

Not me. Those chains disgust me. I have once eaten KFC and that was because my mother bought some when it first arrived in Auckland. Have eaten a big mac a few times when desperate but not in the last 25 years or so. Ewww...
(06-03-2023, 12:15 PM)Olive Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2023, 10:59 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: [ -> ]...

Not me.  Those chains disgust me.  I have once eaten KFC and that was because my mother bought some when it first arrived in Auckland.  Have eaten a big mac a few times when desperate but not in the last 25 years or so.  Ewww...

Me neither, I tried both soon after they arrived here & wasn't keen.
 I don't like what they're doing to the planet, nor the way they treat staff & I don't like their product either so don't use them at all.
(06-03-2023, 02:51 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2023, 12:15 PM)Olive Wrote: [ -> ]Not me.  Those chains disgust me.  I have once eaten KFC and that was because my mother bought some when it first arrived in Auckland.  Have eaten a big mac a few times when desperate but not in the last 25 years or so.  Ewww...

Me neither, I tried both soon after they arrived here & wasn't keen.
 I don't like what they're doing to the planet, nor the way they treat staff & I don't like their product either so don't use them at all.
I love the stuff, but the quality of KFC can be very bad at times.
I dont go there alot, but I see there are many "southern" chicken seasonings you can but these days, I would argue the even some of them tase better.
Even tegel sell pre seasoned chicken pieces that taste very much like KFC.
Much healthier option.
(07-03-2023, 12:32 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2023, 02:51 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Me neither, I tried both soon after they arrived here & wasn't keen.

Even tegel sell pre seasoned chicken pieces that taste very much like KFC.
Much healthier option.
We have those in wraps, they is very good...
(07-03-2023, 12:40 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2023, 12:32 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: [ -> ]Even tegel sell pre seasoned chicken pieces that taste very much like KFC.
Much healthier option.
We have those in wraps, they is very good...

Oh ok I cant say that I have seen those Tegel chicken pieces they sound yummy Ill keep an eye out for them the next time I go shopping, I only have KFC or McDonalds etc. once in a blue moon, Im not a fan.