Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Visiting Rarotonga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going for my first trip to Rarotonga, so I'm curious as to what people think about the differing accommodations. We get in at an awful hour of the night (1.50am) and I'm thinking somewhere very close to the airport that we could walk across the road to. Then around the other side near Muri, looks like a good place to hang out. And again perhaps close to the airport when we leave - time is 3am.  Wondering what everybody's opinions might be, and any suggestions - all welcome. Blush
I've never been to Rarotonga so can't help, sorry but posted about your post down in the crafts section in case anyone there can help, good luck. Smile
I wish I could be of help too.
I had booked to go in 2021, but then covid struck with delta a week before our trip and our flights were canceled.
The only advice I was given was don't book any longer than a week or else you will get bored!
(12-03-2023, 02:46 PM)xxSaffyxx Wrote: [ -> ]I am going for my first trip to Rarotonga, so I'm curious as to what people think about the differing accommodations. We get in at an awful hour of the night (1.50am) and I'm thinking somewhere very close to the airport that we could walk across the road to. Then around the other side near Muri, looks like a good place to hang out. And again perhaps close to the airport when we leave - time is 3am.  Wondering what everybody's opinions might be, and any suggestions - all welcome. Blush

I remembered that a granddaughter & her husband went to Raro so asked her; apparently Te Manava is overpriced & snooty, The Edgewater & The Rarotongan are both nice, also club Raro.
She says the whole island isn't that big & you can drive around the whole thing in about 40 minutes.
Good luck, hope you have a lovely holiday.  Smile Cool
(13-03-2023, 10:52 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]I've never been to Rarotonga so can't help, sorry but posted about your post down in the crafts section in case anyone there can help, good luck. Smile

Thank you Smile

Thank you for the replies everyone. Sorry I didn't come back sooner, had thought I had subscribed to answers but must have been wrong since nothing came to my emails. We have five nights over the Muri side now booked at Moana Sands beachfront, which has a continental breakfast. I still need the accommodation on arrival and departure (flights are in the middle of the night, and I think I'd like to get at least half a sleep. I suspect it won't be the type of place to be wandering around for six hours with luggage waiting for things to open.
Good luck with it, hope you have a lovely holiday.
We stayed at the Meridian when at Vanuatu and part of the package deal was pick up and drop off from and to the airport. If they have a Meridian at Rarotonga, I recommend it.