Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Any Press Reader users here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any  Press Reader users here?
I have been using Press reader for a few years and have noticed a change,  I could use it long time with out having to go to my local library to log into the hotspot.
But now it only seems to last for about 5 days before it needs topping up at a hotspot.
I have it on my Android phone but I find its better on a tablet (iPad) as you can zoom in for easier reading.  I used to be able to use it on a PC which was handy for back issuses to read when ever but now I can't seem to make that work and keeps asking for payment.
Which defeats the object of being free when it is no cheaper than trying to buy a magazine.
So is anyone up to date with the current press reader format?
by the looks of it, if you don't sign in, it is only supposed to work via a sponsored hotspot, which appear to be all the libraries.

have you have signed up for an account ? maybe you need to sign out of it to revert back to the free version.

But TBH it is not surprising if they get a bit naggy about free trials and subscribing - free accounts are usually just a marketing opportunity these days
If your local library provides Press Reader, then you only have to log in to your library account to access it from wherever you are. Does that help?