Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Where have all the posters gone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long time silent.

What has caused the exodus of posters from TMMB?
It seemed to happen soon after the site had to revert to a previous backup and a lot of messages were lost.   Surely the members are not as fickle as that.
(01-08-2020, 11:16 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]Long time silent.

What has caused the exodus of posters from TMMB?
It seemed to happen soon after the site had to revert to a previous backup and a lot of messages were lost.   Surely the members are not as fickle as that.
IDK.
I think it was because we didn't have political discussion here, ive since added it.
I was noticing posts dropping off before that happened, and that was the reason why I attempted to add a mobile theme plug-in since people were complaining that it was not mobile friendly.
Unfortunately when i was trying to create a backup of the site to use as a sandbox, I mistakenly copied the server contents the wrong way and inadvertently overwrite it with the old database.

I also had previously sent a newsletter out which backfired that week when the mailing system kept sending multiple copies to everyone which pissed a few off.

Things did not go well for me that week!