Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Mama Hooch predator brothers jailed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well done CHCH police & all the young women who had the courage to speak out against these evil boys.

Dodgy Angry

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/1...back-years

"The Mama Hooch rapist brothers had warped views of women long before they hunted for victims at their family-run bar.
That’s according to a former partner of one of the Jaz brothers, who says she witnessed “extremely toxic” and misogynistic behaviour as early as 2009, leading her to end their relationship and walk out on her waitressing job.

These aren’t monsters who are born evil, this behaviour grew because they were enabled.”

Danny Jaz, 40, a father of two, and his younger brother Roberto, 38, between them drugged and sexually assaulted numerous patrons of Christchurch’s Mama Hooch bar over three years.

The pair have enjoyed name suppression since police first laid charges in 2018 – but that finally ended on Thursday. They were convicted of dozens of crimes, including rape, sexual violation, indecent assault and spiking drinks after a two-month Christchurch District Court trial.
From 2015 to 2018, Danny Jaz, Mama Hooch’s bar manager, attacked 15 women, many of whom he followed into the bar’s toilets late at night and forced himself upon them. "
The most significant part of the TV3 news coverage of this was that there were several women that escaped molestation due to being with friends who got them safely out of the location after they had been drugged. The value of good friends for sure.
The letter to Dad thing is something else.
(26-05-2023, 10:49 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]The letter to Dad thing is something else.

Indeed - I 'may' need help fgs.

I'd wondered throughout this why no staff in this place had seen anything & intervened, but when it emerged they owned one & one worked in the other place, that became clear.
Awful, awful people. I hope they get long sentences.