Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Trump; pigeons coming home to roost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If only - but I suspect there's more wriggling to come before that can happen. So very bizarre that anyone in this situation can still be eligible to run for President. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65852062

"Former US President Donald Trump has been charged over his handling of classified documents after he left the White House.
Mr Trump, 76, faces seven counts, including mishandling classified documents and obstructing efforts to investigate the storage of the files at his Florida home, his lawyer said.
Both are federal crimes which can carry a prison sentence on conviction.
Mr Trump is campaigning to make a return to the White House in 2024.
Legal experts say the indictment does not prevent him running for the presidency again.

It is the second time Mr Trump has been charged with a crime, but now he is facing a federal case. These typically carry harsher sentences."

He is the first former president ever to be criminally prosecuted by the government he once headed.
The fact there are so many people prepared to still support this man is just astonishing.
Pigeons, crapping everywhere!
(10-06-2023, 11:43 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]The fact there are so many people prepared to still support this man is just astonishing.

Mind boggling that at this stage, anyone at all can manage to believe his bullshit. He's an excellent blagger/con artist certainly, but in the face of reality even he's not that good.
Still it does illustrate how things like the Salem witch trials were able to happen. Dodgy
(10-06-2023, 12:57 PM)Praktica Wrote: [ -> ]Pigeons, crapping everywhere!

On him preferably. The creature is a right WuckFit.

....and that's being nice!   Dodgy Dodgy
(10-06-2023, 11:43 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]The fact there are so many people prepared to still support this man is just astonishing.

In a country that formally recognises that they have an invisible friend up there, it is only fair to believe they could also support a visible dork down here.

If those repubic-an dummies didn't support him, who would?  Without Trump at their head, they would be drowned out by mocking laughter. With Donald - Duck as the misfit mascot, the opposition is naturally speechless.  To use a tired old phrase - I wouldn't buy a used car from that prat, even though he has the gift of the blabber.
Funny how extreme stupidity given a splash of publicity can render long distances perilously short,
'Distance To Washington From Auckland is: 11182 miles / 17995.68 km / 9716.89 nautical miles. ", but with the speaking type telephone and air travel speeds, that is too close by several AU.
Trump fails to realise (not that he would care if he did) that petting cats is not a saleable skillset to anybody but the ultra-gullible. or Act supporters. (But I repeat myself.)

Confused

There IS a god !

Wink

PS, Happy hour was a success today !!
Poor Boris is in the same boat.
(10-06-2023, 07:05 PM)R2x1 Wrote: [ -> ]

In a country that formally recognises that they have an invisible friend up there, it is only fair to believe they could also support a visible dork down here.

If those repubic-an dummies didn't support him, who would?  Without Trump at their head, they would be drowned out by mocking laughter. With Donald - Duck as the misfit mascot, the opposition is naturally speechless.  To use a tired old phrase - I wouldn't buy a used car from that prat, even though he has the gift of the blabber.
Funny how extreme stupidity given a splash of publicity can render long distances perilously short,
'Distance To Washington From Auckland is: 11182 miles / 17995.68 km / 9716.89 nautical miles. ", but with the speaking type telephone and air travel speeds, that is too close by several AU.
Trump fails to realise (not that he would care if he did) that petting cats is not a saleable skillset to anybody but the ultra-gullible. or Act supporters. (But I repeat myself.)

Confused

There IS a god !

Wink

PS, Happy hour was a success today !!
The brilliant Mark Twain would no doubt agree.
Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes

"The desire to become a politician should be sufficient to warrant being banned from ever doing so for life."

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself."

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often,& for the same reason."

Mark Twain

You know, pigeons are capable of things - you know, homing pigeons carrying vital messages hither & yon etc. etc. so surely it can't be too difficult to get the little sweeties to crap on a particular place.

Like for example a statue.

NB, "astonishing" <> nauseating.
Not even close.

Wink