Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: National party; racist poster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This really isn't a good look for them. And seriously 'pigeon' instead of pidgin just makes whoever wrote the nasty little addition look ignorant.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/n...INP6IJ6ZE/#

The poster, used widely by National Party candidates and members at public events, asks people to put a sticker next to the issue that is most important to them, picking from options such as the cost of living, housing, health, education and law and order.
On the Katikati poster, somebody had handwritten extra categories: “co-governance” and “pigeon [sic] English”.
Coromandel MP Scott Simpson said as far as he could ascertain, a party volunteer added the categories in response to questions from members of the public.
That won’t be happening again.”
Asked if it was racist, he said “I think it was in response to members of the public, I don’t think it’s appropriate and I wouldn’t have done it.”
(27-06-2023, 07:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]This really isn't a good look for them. And seriously 'pigeon' instead of pidgin just makes whoever wrote the nasty little addition look ignorant.
It's real hillbilly stuff, amazing that there wasn't any supervision by a marketing person.  And also slightly surprising that nobody from the visiting public pointed out the spelling  mistake.
(27-06-2023, 07:28 PM)Olive Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2023, 07:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]This really isn't a good look for them. And seriously 'pigeon' instead of pidgin just makes whoever wrote the nasty little addition look ignorant.
It's real hillbilly stuff, amazing that there wasn't any supervision by a marketing person.  And also slightly surprising that nobody from the visiting public pointed out the spelling  mistake.

They do seem to be getting more & more extremely right wing - which seems to mean these days, deeply ignorant & veering into racism, much like their American counterparts. 

Its really concerning that such illogical & awful stuff is still so widespread. Dodgy

More education sorely needed it seems.
Remember 50% of the population is below average when you take the genetic defect bulge into account; a rule of thumb to get a clearer picture is that only about 30% of the population is capable of recognizing and understanding satire without being tutored.

The population can be divided into Epicureans and Stoics, as a rule about 80% are stoics because they feel safer with definite rule structures to make sense of the world and provide guidance, Epicureans prefer to "wing it" and trust in their own internal judgement to make choices and life decisions on the spur of the moment. They believe in the essential possibility of people through their own means being "good" in the world, so to speak.

Stoics are the boring fixed thinkers, Epicureans are the interesting ones like this:

listen to the lyrics of a most wonderful song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=l1Jqwosr10o

Cats like me and you
Have got laws
That they adhere to
Laws outside the laws
As laid down
By those we don't subscribe to
The world is getting stranger
But we'll never lose heart
We can't just wait for the
Old guard to die
Before we can
Make a new start
Bring on the revolution
(keep the pressure on)
I want to die for something
Bring on the revolution
Bring on the revolution
Bring on the revolution
I don't want to die for nothing
For every freedom fighter
I want to hold on tighter
To the hope and will you gave
You were the brave
You were the brave
And one day
When I hear your children sing
Freedom will ring
Freedom!
When we watch the children play
Remember
How the privileged classes grew
And from this day
We set out
To undo what won't undo
Looking for the grand
In the minute
Every breath justifies
Every step that we take
To remove what the powers that be
Can't prove
And the children will
Understand why
Bring on the revolution
(keep the pressure on)
Bring on the revolution
Bring on the revolution
I don't want to die for nothing
Bring on the revolution
Bet that song was written in youth or middle age. Surprising how age changes attitudes to important stuff like noisy revolutions and the imminent prospect of carking it.
I think she wrote it being around 5o years old then, she is 71 now and has just played at Glastonbury, see my post:

https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php...1#pid42111

Of course time catches up with everyone eventually, unfortunately, but it's still possible to experience the song vicariously, I do and I'm 74.

I think a noisy revolution is not what she means more an increase in awareness amongst the people growing up now to make the world a better place, fat chance of that LOL, but it's a lovely dream.

It's a good idea to keep dreams alive even if you know they will never actually happen so as to be a bit optimistic about the future.
Without optimism, there is very little point...
Revolution is where we're headed unless we can bring about change; greed is surely one of the most destructive of humanities idiocies especially when it results in such a wide gap between rich & poor.