Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Cheap lamb at PaknSave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did the shopping today. Lamb forequarter was $7.99/kg. I don't know if it's the same everywhere but thought people might like to know to look out for it. They are big pieces. I have a saw to cut up and freeze. Or you could cook it whole and have plenty of cooked meat for followup meals.
Definitely a good deal. We just put three of our sheep in the freezer last week. One lamb which is fully done into chops, a 2 yr old wether that is chops and roasts and an old ewe that has become ~30kg of GF sausages. Based on the on the hoof value plus killing and butchering costs ours were around $10/kg, with the sausages a bit more due to the flavour mix and a bottle of shiraz that went into them.
(07-07-2023, 07:31 PM)SueDonim Wrote: [ -> ]I did the shopping today. Lamb forequarter was $7.99/kg. I don't know if it's the same everywhere but thought people might like to know to look out for it. They are big pieces. I have a saw to cut up and freeze. Or you could cook it whole and have plenty of cooked meat for followup meals.

Thanks for that.   Lamb forequarter or shoulder is one of my favourite cuts, to be roasted very slowly with a marinade of yoghurt and Middle Eastern spices.   I use the copious leftovers to make moussaka sauce to freeze, and to be used when our eggplants are ready (or they come down in price).