Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Cold feet Possum socks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cold feet Possum socks?

Having just come out from Hospital suffering from cold feet anyone any experience of these socks and where to get them?
Yes. They work. Possum fibre is incredible, lightweight, and a wonderful insulator. Combined with merino it is a Winter necessity for those without built in padding.
Kindness to animals is one thing - but providing socks for wild animals?

Hmm. Undecided
Have you ever run a possum line? Stinky beasts...
(19-07-2023, 04:22 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever run a possum line? Stinky beasts...

I was going to say..... "first, catch your possum"

But, sounds like you have already done that.  Tongue

I, with a couple of mates used to go shooting possums up in the Hunua Ranges around 1966-68. Great fun, going down the dusty metal roads, two of us sitting on the bonnet and the other mate driving. God help us, We wouldn't do that these days! For one thing, the Missus wouldn't let me. She made me stop when we got married in '68.  The other being I couldn't get up on the bonnet!   Angel   Possibly, Mr Plod may not approve as well.

Used to get a heap of the furry little buggers, then, around 11pm, stopped at Papakura for a real hamburger. (Good old  days, before this McDonalds shit was in NZ)

Anyway Possum socks would be pretty hard to knit, They have such little feet?
Yup, money towards the mortgage, possums were quite a good earner for a while there. Until Himself brought home a joey because he couldn't kill it. Then we had a little discussion about possums and decided wild venison was probably more lucrative.
As an alternative to possum socks, possum boots are very warm, if rather expensive.   I don't actually get enough wear out of mine because my feet get too hot, but they are worth considering.

https://keuzi.com