Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Ebay saved searches spamming me now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not trademe related, but wondering if any ebay uses are having the same issue.
I had a few saved searches that would only appear in my email if the actual phrase was in the listing.
Now I get emails every day with anything it thinks is similar.
I might have to try adding quotes to see if that makes any difference perhaps?
Always have a throw away email to give to sites that are going to spam you, then when it gets too much chuck it and start a new one.
It's not so much the emails that's the issue, I want to be notified when something I look for turns up.
What's happening is my saved searches are giving garbage results, hence almost every saved search is giving me an email.
Looks like adding quotes to each word will fix it after testing, but means I have to go and update them all.
maybe they switched from doing an AND keyword search to OR

or they have started padding out the emails with things you might like if the actual search returns nothing
I don't do ebay, but understand the annoyance of what you are describing. It's what TM does all the time. A search phrase that gets the right result trebles the results when it is saved so I get an inbox full of garbage to sort through. If only they would understand that emailing the right search results is more likely to make a sale rather than the risk of me missing something in a list of nonsense.
It must have been a glitch because their emails have returned to normal again