Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: How to identify whereca sexy picture originates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend Alan is looking for a girlfriend online. Occasionally someone sends him a sexy picture and I have told him not to believe everything he sees. I have heard there is a room full of people pretending to be looking for love but they are very mercenary and are just out for whatever they can get.
I have heard somewhere that it is possible to find out where a picture originates but I don't know how it is done so I was hoping there is someone who can enlighten me so he could acertain where it has originated and so hopefully not be conned. 
Thank you for your help.
Roscoe.
two ways I can think of...

First, the exif data of a photo may show the latitude and longitude of the location, but this would only apply if the device taking the photo has GPS capability. Somewhere like https://www.pic2map.com/ would be able to extract that info. Lots of sites will strip the exif info though for privacy reasons

Second, do an image search online (in chrome for example, r/c the image, search image with google), this can tell you if the image is well used online, in which case you should run a mile.

Otherwise best advice is probably to assume it is a scam until you have met the person in person and know the person well enough to be certain... Most likely, it's a scam - do not hand over money until you are happily married for at least three years
Only three? You are a trusting person...
(29-11-2023, 01:51 PM)Roscoe Wrote: [ -> ]My friend Alan is looking for a girlfriend online. Occasionally someone sends him a sexy picture and I have told him not to believe everything he sees. I have heard there is a room full of people pretending to be looking for love but they are very mercenary and are just out for whatever they can get.
I have heard somewhere that it is possible to find out where a picture originates but I don't know how it is done so I was hoping there is someone who can enlighten me so he could acertain where it has originated and so hopefully not be conned. 
Thank you for your help.
Roscoe.

Ooooh, Roscoe?   Big Grin Big Grin
(29-11-2023, 03:38 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Only three? You are a trusting person...

That's leap years, . . . .

Wink
Ahhhh, of course...
Use a Google reverse image search under imaged and it will ask you to upload it and search for similar images.
Tineye.com is another place to try.
With AI, it's easier to generate fake images these days.
Ask to video call with the girl. If she never does get out of there.
Online relationships do happen. I met my wife on Facebook by accident. We video called 2 or more times a week for 3 years. Now happily married with child since 2016. She's very genuine, loved by my family and her employer.