Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Donations to keep TMMB running for the next 12 months
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been contemplating shutting this site down due to lack of use and I hope there is a way to spark interest in increasing its use.
I still have genuine kiwi members registering, but not posting here.
Im hoping that it might be possible to turn things around and generate traffic, so I will keep this site running for another 12 months and see how things go.

It costs $35 euro for the webhosting which works out roughly at $80 NZD.

Any donations, large or small are much appreciated.

Account number is:

02-0432-0370910-001

Regards

Shaun
Come On Everyone.
Lets get behind Shaun & Help him keeo TMMB Running as its a great Site.
You have to find some way of getting more people here and posting interesting topics. I came back a month or so ago and tried to post a few things but it's a bit demoralising when you know there's no-one else around to reply. The trivia quiz doesn't do it for me and that's the only thing you have.
(06-03-2021, 10:34 AM)Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]You have to find some way of getting more people here and posting interesting topics. I came back a month or so ago and tried to post a few things but it's a bit demoralising when you know there's no-one else around to reply. The trivia quiz doesn't do it for me and that's the only thing you have.
I'm hoping that people will start posting once the TM mb's have actually gone for good. Until they do, folk will stay with what they know. Furthermore, I'm not sure people will want to pay for the use of, then Shaun is left with an impossible situation, and we all lose.
Thanks to everyone who has donated, we will be using any finds to pay for an upgraded web space package Smile
(24-10-2021, 09:14 AM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to everyone who has donated, we will be using any finds to pay for an upgraded web space package Smile
Your very Welcome nzoomed.We all use the site & I think alittle bit goes along way.
Thanks to those who have made donations, its very much appreciated and will help keep this site running Smile
What about putting Google Adsense on ? Banner ads not tacky text ads. One top and one bottom. Ads don't worry me, what big websites don't have
adverts ? If adverts were such a problem with users the big websites carrying adverts wouldn't be big.Other revenue tools out there too.
yes we had thought about this, I also think the use of a post bot and referral/donation links might be a good option going forward...
Another idea of Nzoomeds was some kind of tipping system, maybe with crypto...

There are plenty of ideas and plans in the works, including a new website, updates to the messageboard, themes, plugins. I have a test version of the board to try a few of these things here
http://tmmb.mywire.org/

@nzoomed has the keys - nothing will happen until he has a bit more time unfortunately
(25-02-2022, 05:12 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]yes we had thought about this, I also think the use of a post bot and referral/donation links might be a good option going forward...

There are plenty of ideas and plans in the works, including a new website, updates to the messageboard, themes, plugins.  I have a test version of the board to try a few of these things here

@nzoomed has the keys - nothing will happen until he has a bit more time unfortunately
Look mint - well done.

Always better to be self-propelled. Lots of people weary of crypto.

Found adsense is a bit of a rip unless you have lots of traffic. Display ads for the likes of Westpac and still plenty of eyes see it but the reward is not there. But dare say it would be around enough to pay the hosting and a little left over with current traffic. It would be a start in self funding anyway until something else is found.
(25-02-2022, 07:16 PM)mike Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2022, 05:12 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]yes we had thought about this, I also think the use of a post bot and referral/donation links might be a good option going forward...

There are plenty of ideas and plans in the works, including a new website, updates to the messageboard, themes, plugins.  I have a test version of the board to try a few of these things here

Look mint - well done.

Always better to be self-propelled. Lots of people weary of crypto.

Found adsense is a bit of a rip unless you have lots of traffic. Display ads for the likes of Westpac and still plenty of eyes see it but the reward is not there. But dare say it would be around enough to pay the hosting and a little left over with current traffic. It would be a start in self funding anyway until something else is found.
 I block adverts everywhere myself so not much of an advocate for that myself, and I think you lose the substance of the site when its smothered in ads. 

I would like to see something a little more cultured,  maybe like geekzone do with a monthly sub of a few $$ for ad free or the like.  whether anyone would pay it or not? 

like you say you really need large numbers to make it pay, but for that to happen the site needs to be a decent proposition, growing and evolving...
long term it probably needs a combination of things, appeals for donations, subs, bit of advertising, referral links etc  But we need a few more members before we go anywhere near that.  Nod
"Roger that"

Cheers Nzoomed for your time putting the board up.
(10-02-2021, 01:26 PM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]I have been contemplating shutting this site down due to lack of use and I hope there is a way to spark interest in increasing its use.
Im hoping that it might be possible to turn things around and generate traffic, so I will keep this site running for another 12 months and see how things go.

Account number is:

02-0432-0370910-001

Regards

Shaun
For a year?
(04-03-2022, 05:31 AM)Winner Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2021, 01:26 PM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]I have been contemplating shutting this site down due to lack of use and I hope there is a way to spark interest in increasing its use.

Account number is:

02-0432-0370910-001

Regards

Shaun
For a year?
I'm really not sure tbh, I think so,  nzoomed will have to confirm that one...
(04-03-2022, 07:33 AM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2022, 05:31 AM)Winner Wrote: [ -> ]For a year?
I'm really not sure tbh, I think so,  nzoomed will have to confirm that one...
Seems cheap I thought it cost a small fortune, hell at that rate I would pay it all lol
(04-03-2022, 07:41 AM)Winner Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2022, 07:33 AM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really not sure tbh, I think so,  nzoomed will have to confirm that one...
Seems cheap I thought it cost a small fortune, hell at that rate I would pay it all lol
i know, i donated 40 back in nov/dec for six months so we good for now. 

It is something that needs to be addressed, nzoomed wanted to up the hosting plan to one with a decent backup/recovery feature.  But he doesn't seem to have much time for here at the moment...
(04-03-2022, 07:53 AM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2022, 07:41 AM)Winner Wrote: [ -> ]Seems cheap I thought it cost a small fortune, hell at that rate I would pay it all lol
i know, i donated 40 back in nov/dec for six months so we good for now. 

It is something that needs to be addressed, nzoomed wanted to up the hosting plan to one with a decent backup/recovery feature.  But he doesn't seem to have much time for here at the moment...
cool