Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Afternoon Quiz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5! I am ashamed of myself and my poor guesses.
NINE! I beat Olive! Woo hoo! That doesn't happen very often!!
9. Going well until half way then I bombed
8 today, but they are wrong about the chili heat (none of the answers are correct).
8 for me too...
(26-04-2022, 04:05 PM)Olive Wrote: [ -> ]8 today, but they are wrong about the chili heat (none of the answers are correct).
8 for me too, and yes the 'placenta' which the seeds are embedded in is the hottest part of a chilli.
(26-04-2022, 05:13 PM)harm_less Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-04-2022, 04:05 PM)Olive Wrote: [ -> ]8 today, but they are wrong about the chili heat (none of the answers are correct).
8 for me too, and yes the 'placenta' which the seeds are embedded in is the hottest part of a chilli.
That's right.
Placenta?

Pistil or stigma surely?
It's called the placenta, and is the soft internal flesh in which the seeds are embedded. Pistil and stigma are parts of flowers, not fruits. If I remember my high school biology correctly.
Seven, should've had coffee not tea...
It's a 10.

The peasants rejoiced.
6. Mortifying.
Me too - 9 today.
8 today
"A 12?" gasped Brian. He was having a day like no other, but a 12 out of 15 didn't exactly leave him speechless. "Couldn't you have thought a little harder about the questions?" Snooze rolled their eyes. Brian persisted. "And why are you a they today?" Snooze shrugged. Never much of a talker, Snooze had whittled down interaction to the bare minimum. Brian snorted and walked away on his eight legs. Because dear reader, Brian was a spider.

And that concludes today's thrilling Quiz Tales of the Unexpected.
You could've posted a link snoozey. Now I have to go on over there and fetch it myself. Heavy put upon sigh. Oh well...

Oh bugger. Ten minutes too early. And it's Friday wines too, starting at 3pm.

I guess the quiz will just have to wait...