Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: It's here! Help choose a *new name* for the messageboard...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Morning All...

This poll is open to any registered user. If you know other users please encourage them to check in here and vote.

We have a great list of user submitted names - your mission is to choose your THREE favourites.

TMMB admin will then select the final from those three.  
(We opted for this approach to retain a measure of control over the final outcome) 

The more votes we get the better the poll will be...

Remember we are looking for...
- Simple, catchy and easy to remember. 
- essentially a brand name. 

Think about how it would sound in a sentence if you were telling someone about it...

Many thanks...
When does it close?
(11-11-2021, 04:37 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]When does it close?

I'd suggest 7 days as long as enough votes are in...
(11-11-2021, 05:10 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2021, 04:37 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]When does it close?

I'd suggest 7 days as long as enough votes are in...
Ideally, you want to get as many voters as you can. Personally, if we only got 20 votes in the week, then to me, that's not enough.

I will try and make sure it's at the top of the page as often as I can.
I could make some fake IDs if that helps...
Fake ID's would be awesome. I shall leave that up to you then.
Meanwhile, I need a drink.
If you're open to further suggestions:

ChatterBox 

PostBox

Read &  WriteIT

Talk & Talk

Write & Read

WordFest

SoapBoxNZ

Open 2 U

I could probably go on and on.
(11-11-2021, 06:06 PM)Me+Me Wrote: [ -> ]If you're open to further suggestions:

ChatterBox 

PostBox

Read &  WriteIT

Talk & Talk

Write & Read

WordFest

SoapBoxNZ

Open 2 U

we're trying to keep it with the same domain name hence all the options are T.... M....  or M.... M....  But good suggestions though
(11-11-2021, 05:31 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]I could make some fake IDs if that helps...
hmmm Dodgy
(11-11-2021, 05:29 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2021, 05:10 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest 7 days as long as enough votes are in...
Ideally, you want to get as many voters as you can. Personally, if we only got 20 votes in the week, then to me, that's not enough.

I will try and make sure it's at the top of the page as often as I can.

Yep I agree, that's why i've been trying to get it out in front of everyone with the general forum announcements etc. 

I have asked nzoomed whether we shouldn't send out another mail out to all registered users just to see if we can get them involved, but having said that, I would almost prefer that the current active users get the most input into our new name - same as has happened with the name selection process.

I think if we do get only 20 voters (we should there are more active users than that) then that is around 60 individual votes, which is getting up there...

But yes anything we can do to promote it to other users and get more votes can only make for a better poll...
(11-11-2021, 07:05 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2021, 06:06 PM)Me+Me Wrote: [ -> ]If you're open to further suggestions:

ChatterBox 

PostBox

Read &  WriteIT

Talk & Talk

Write & Read

WordFest

SoapBoxNZ

Open 2 U

we're trying to keep it with the same domain name hence all the options are T.... M....  or M.... M....  But good suggestions though
Ah I didn't notice that - should have.

Talk'n'Mix
(11-11-2021, 08:07 PM)Me+Me Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2021, 07:05 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]we're trying to keep it with the same domain name hence all the options are T.... M....  or M.... M....  But good suggestions though
Ah I didn't notice that - should have.

Talk'n'Mix
Ah, I like that.
(11-11-2021, 05:31 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]I could make some fake IDs if that helps...
I bet you could

I've now had the email 3 times. I hope it stops soon
Well, I'm sorry. I thought you liked my fan mail...
(12-11-2021, 08:36 AM)Golfy Wrote: [ -> ]
I bet you could

SPAM!!!
Report it golfy. Big Grin
(12-11-2021, 08:36 AM)Golfy Wrote: [ -> ]
I bet you could

we did a mailout about it this morning - nzoomed reported he had received it three times as well. 

It's apparently happened before with the mailer so we are looking into it. 
The mailout a week or so ago didn't seem to have any issues though so it's all a bit weird
(12-11-2021, 12:03 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2021, 08:36 AM)Golfy Wrote: [ -> ]I bet you could

we did a mailout about it this morning - nzoomed reported he had received it three times as well. 

It's apparently happened before with the mailer so we are looking into it. 
The mailout a week or so ago didn't seem to have any issues though so it's all a bit weird
I've not received any emails from tmmb - admin had to update my email address, since I can no longer use the one I joined with. Your email list may have some older addresses, or does the back end store addresses in more than one place?
We haven't sent all out quite yet due to a couple of minor issues with double ups. They will get there though, we are sending in small batches at the moment and haven't started the regular user group as yet. Leave your address in a pm if u like and I'll check it.
(12-11-2021, 02:27 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]We haven't sent all out quite yet due to a couple of minor issues with double ups.  They will get there though, we are sending in small batches at the moment and haven't started the regular user group as yet.  Leave your address in a pm if u like and I'll check it.
Murphy reigns - the email arrived a few minutes after my post!
(12-11-2021, 02:48 PM)Praktica Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2021, 02:27 PM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]We haven't sent all out quite yet due to a couple of minor issues with double ups.  They will get there though, we are sending in small batches at the moment and haven't started the regular user group as yet.  Leave your address in a pm if u like and I'll check it.
Murphy reigns - the email arrived a few minutes after my post!
Good to hear...
Pages: 1 2 3 4