Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: What are you thankful for today??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Today, I am thankful for...

for warm sunny days, so that I can open up all the windows and let some fresh air in.

my sweet little kitty who gives me so much joy.

takeaways when I don't feel like cooking.

having such an awesome neighbour.

being alive.
i have the most awesome wife
healthy children and grandchildren
my blessings are many.

im thankful for my boat too
Lucky man there magoo.

Today I'm thankful for
A Very patient and kind buyer, who's TM order I stuffed up.
My family who keep surprising me.
My kitty. The reason to get up every morning.
The TM BAC service
Sunshine
I am thankful for the enjoyment I get reading all your posts.

"I do not mind growing old as long as I do not have to grow up."
(26-11-2021, 10:31 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]I am thankful for the enjoyment I get reading all your posts.

"I do not mind growing old as long as I do not have to grow up."
FGS rumpy, most of what I write I get from google. Big Grin
I am grateful the scooter got me there'n back to get catfood, wine, and library books. I am also grateful for the people on Lake Road who plant beautiful things that grow over their fences at just the right height for me to swipe a cutting as I scoot past.

Now, I will be really grateful if those green things grow roots...
That the cat who runs the house didn't need to use her catbox while I was out earlier, & that the dog has (I hope) forgiven me for having to be out every morning this week.

That the blood pressure was OK, the last blood test was OK, & that I managed to get some wrapping paper home on the bike without mangling it.
Jeezus, some of you oldies are very active ain't ya.

I go out once a week, and I'm away for the shortest time possible. Mind you, I am going to the beauty shop next week, so could be gone a bit longer than usual.
(26-11-2021, 10:58 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]Jeezus, some of you oldies are very active ain't ya.

I go out once a week, and I'm away for the shortest time possible. Mind you, I am going to the beauty shop next week, so could be gone a bit longer than usual.
Surely not much longer. Smile
(26-11-2021, 11:30 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2021, 10:58 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]Jeezus, some of you oldies are very active ain't ya.

Surely not much longer. Smile
Cement has to be mixed. Putty has to be made. Blades have to be sharpened. It takes a surgical team to deal with my face. You have no idea. Tongue
If it is sunny, I am out there. Might not be far from home, but I find it hard to stay in when the sun is out.

And I just remembered another thing that happened this morning that made me very happy. There is a blackbird who has decided I am safe to approach, and I have been rewarding his barefaced cheek with snails and slugs as I discover them. This morning as Ms CoCo helped hetself to a nice long drink from the old water bowl that sits among my pot plants, birdie arrived to within a foot of her, grumbling away, only to be totally ignored by Herself. So I tossed him a big fat snail, but maybe I should have rewarded her for her forebearance.

I do love my garden. Such lovely small pleasures.
I'm also thankful that the book covers I've just made aren't a total disaster - considering I've not made a book for about 6-7 years, its very much a cross your fingers & hope for the best exercise. Smile

(26-11-2021, 11:49 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2021, 11:30 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: [ -> ]Surely not much longer. Smile
Cement has to be mixed. Putty has to be made. Blades have to be sharpened. It takes a surgical team to deal with my face. You have no idea. Tongue
   Nothing short of extensive plastic surgery could do much for my appearance - well, that &  a lifetime supply of polyfiller. Rolleyes Rolleyes
today im thankful for
my body holding up so well with little or no effort
my brothers have had knee surgeries and a host of other maladies. both sport billies, whereas i am a lazy sedentary tortoise.

i am also thankful for my other boat, which i use in the salt
(26-11-2021, 12:47 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also thankful that the book covers I've just made aren't a total disaster - considering I've not made a book for about 6-7 years, its very much a cross your fingers & hope for the best exercise. Smile

(26-11-2021, 11:49 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]Cement has to be mixed. Putty has to be made. Blades have to be sharpened. It takes a surgical team to deal with my face. You have no idea. Tongue
   Nothing short of extensive plastic surgery could do much for my appearance - well, that &  a lifetime supply of polyfiller. Rolleyes Rolleyes
I'm realising that the only man I will ever attract, will have to be blind. Big Grin

And stupid.

And very old and rich.

Big Grin Big Grin
(26-11-2021, 01:05 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2021, 12:47 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also thankful that the book covers I've just made aren't a total disaster - considering I've not made a book for about 6-7 years, its very much a cross your fingers & hope for the best exercise. Smile

I'm realising that the only man I will ever attract, will have to be blind. Big Grin

And stupid.

And very old and rich.

Big Grin Big Grin
 Well, if you happen to find one of those & he happens to have a twin brother; send him in my direction.

One of the granddaughters asked me if I'd ever get married again. I said yes of course, under certain conditions; namely that he pays me a shedload of money & I never have to see him again...works for me. Angel Rolleyes
(26-11-2021, 01:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2021, 01:05 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]I'm realising that the only man I will ever attract, will have to be blind. Big Grin

And stupid.

And very old and rich.

Big Grin Big Grin
 Well, if you happen to find one of those & he happens to have a twin brother; send him in my direction.

One of the granddaughters asked me if I'd ever get married again. I said yes of course, under certain conditions; namely that he pays me a shedload of money & I never have to see him again...works for me. Angel Rolleyes
Oh hells bells woman. That would make us sisters in law. Not sure about that. Huh Big Grin

Over the years I have been asked by either kids or g/kids, whether I'd want to bother getting married again. My reply is always the same. That it would be great to find that special someone, that I could annoy for the rest of my life. Angel
I'm thankful for being able to work remotely from New Zealand, allowing me to spend more time than the average dad might with his young children.

Even though I do miss the buzz of an office and having regular coworkers around me.. It's definitely a privilege to be able to put my daughter down for her afternoon nap during a work day.
(26-11-2021, 01:31 PM)reigns Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thankful for being able to work remotely from New Zealand, allowing me to spend more time than the average dad might with his young children.

Even though I do miss the buzz of an office and having regular coworkers around me.. It's definitely a privilege to be able to put my daughter down for her afternoon nap during a work day.
That is the most awesome thing to be thankful for isn't it. I love that.
(26-11-2021, 01:31 PM)reigns Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thankful for being able to work remotely from New Zealand, allowing me to spend more time than the average dad might with his young children.

I think that's one of the best things about the world we live in now; that men are able to & want to, take on more of the parenting role than formerly. I think it benefits the entire family to have a proper dad rather than a distant father figure who's always away at work. Smile
(26-11-2021, 01:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think that's one of the best things about the world we live in now; that men are able to & want to, take on more of the parenting role than formerly. I think it benefits the entire family to have a proper dad rather than a distant father figure who's always away at work. Smile
Yes indeed, it's been one of the upsides to covid I think. The young couple in front of me, are having their second baby at the end of January, and the dad was saying that he's so excited. I thought 'how cool is that'. It's so lovely to hear men being so vocal about his excitement.

Our dad's were always away at work lilith. I can remember when Dad would come home from work, and it was exciting to see him. Being the only girl, I was a daddy's girl, and I am so proud to have had a Dad who was a hard worker and provided for his family.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10