Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Would you like to launch in a rocket to the ISS ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All things to do with Space, is a passion of mine. It thrills and excites me, and absolutely fascinating.

The ISS flies around Earth at unbelievable speed, and circumnavigates Earth every 90mins.

I don't like flying, so I wouldn't do it, but the idea of it is fascinating to me. I have seen many a YT on life on the station, and it really is a place of intrigue, excitement, and the sheer beauty of watching the earth from up there, is magnificent.

Some youtubes, if you care to watch any of them.

First launch using a private company, SpaceX (Elon Musk)

I would do it in a heartbeat if my heart was any good
Not so much the space station, but I'd love to see earth from space like William Shatner & others have. I think that would be quite an experience, & something which Edgar Mitchell advocated for politicians, which I strongly agree with. Smile

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
― Edgar Mitchell
Nope, I'm sure I would get travel sick.
I'm very happy watching others do it and risking their lives.

Even if a comet was heading this way and there was a spare seat on an outward bound spaceship, I would give up that seat to someone else and look like a big hero.
Then go and sit in a lovely park with icecream, cake and alcohol of some kind, and sing loudly as I waited for the end.
(29-12-2021, 03:57 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Not so much the space station, but I'd love to see earth from space like William Shatner & others have. I think that would be quite an experience, & something which Edgar Mitchell advocated for politicians, which I strongly agree with. Smile

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
― Edgar Mitchell
ha, love the quote, and so true.

(29-12-2021, 04:02 PM)Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, I'm sure I would get travel sick.
I'm very happy watching others do it and risking their lives.

Even if a comet was heading this way and there was a spare seat on an outward bound spaceship, I would give up that seat to someone else and look like a big hero.
Then go and sit in a lovely park with icecream, cake and alcohol of some kind, and sing loudly as I waited for the end.
I ain't ready to die, so I'd be asking for directions to the comet, and be like "run forrest run".