Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 724
» Latest member: Rebels181
» Forum threads: 2,950
» Forum posts: 54,706

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 137 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 133 Guest(s)
Bing, Mica, Oh_hunnihunni

Latest Threads
You can never have enough...
Forum: Sewing, embroidery and knitting
Last Post: Oh_hunnihunni
9 minutes ago
» Replies: 8,327
» Views: 747,328
What are you currently li...
Forum: Music
Last Post: zqwerty
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2,422
» Views: 260,564
TVNZ staff cuts, staff ra...
Forum: News and Current Affairs
Last Post: zqwerty
11 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 20
Bridge Collapse - Baltimo...
Last Post: R2x1
Yesterday, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 79
Destiny Church - Time for...
Last Post: R2x1
Yesterday, 07:23 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 98
PB Tech is weird!
Forum: PC World Chat
Last Post: Galaxy01
Yesterday, 07:13 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 53
Afternoon Quiz
Forum: Puzzles & Games
Last Post: Lilith7
Yesterday, 06:05 PM
» Replies: 3,511
» Views: 480,737
Google Pixel 8 and Graphe...
Forum: Computing and Technology
Last Post: Asterix
Yesterday, 04:11 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 11
Gloriavale
Yesterday, 03:58 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 32
Sayings & Quotes
Forum: General Discussion
Yesterday, 10:12 AM
» Replies: 1,001
» Views: 83,817

Fridge freezer - replacement
Posted by: Galaxy01 - 30-01-2023, 03:46 PM - Forum: PC World Chat - Replies (10)

I need to replace my 25 year-old fridge freezer.  This F&P unit has served me well for the past years.

Is F&P still a good and reliable brand?  Or what other brands do you people recommend? 

Due to space limitation, the existing space can't take in anything larger.   W: 710 x D: 710 x H: 1700

Recommendations, please.

Print this item

Remove Facebook from PC
Posted by: Bryan - 30-01-2023, 02:46 PM - Forum: PressF1 - Replies (10)

I have installed Facebook for my wife onto two PCs. I want to remove one of these from one of the PCs running Windows 11. From what I can see it is not as easy as removing a program or APP. Any advice please?

Print this item

Why is it headline news? It happens all the time.
Posted by: Roscoe - 30-01-2023, 01:32 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (17)

On the news recently; the 33rd mass shooting this month in America. The shooter killed 10 and injured 10 others. 

What was different about that shooting that it made headlines? It’s bad enough being the 33rd but what makes it stand out? It’s just another mass shooting. They do it all the time. 

There were 650 mass shootings last year alone. So why give that incident all that publicity over all the others? I don't understand it. Mass shootings are what the Yanks do. What is it that makes that incident stand out? It does just not make sense.

Print this item

Explosions in Iran
Posted by: nzoomed - 30-01-2023, 10:57 AM - Forum: News and Current Affairs - Replies (8)

Some news reports are saying it's a drone factory supplying russia with drones, but we don't really know, nor who attacked it.
I doubt Ukraine is responsible but speculation is it was Israel. I think they had targeted something else in Iran last year.
Its believed that the place contained artillery shells or other munitions nonetheless. 
https://www.kyivpost.com/post/11620

Print this item

Need help with web domain zones
Posted by: Midavalo - 30-01-2023, 10:31 AM - Forum: PressF1 - Replies (1)

Hi all,

I need some help/guidance on website domain name zones, or whatever it's called.  I have a domain name registered with GoDaddy.com, and webhosting through another service, and up to now everything has been working OK.  My DNS zones have been managed on GoDaddy with the "A-Record" pointing at an IP address on my webhost.  I believe there were two options here - one to point the "Nameservers" and the other to point the "A-Record" - the A-Record option was chosen because my email is managed through GoDaddy and I think I was told back in the day that it is easier to leave that as-is so I don't have to re-point email back to GoDaddy... I'm not really sure though Smile

So fast-forward to now, I'm switching webhost to a new (to me) service and they are recommending pointing Nameservers rather than A-Record...  (Changing the A-Record will work so the website will function, but other automated features of the new host will not work)

Will this break my email?  Will I need to do/change anything on the Godaddy settings to make the email continue to function?  Will I need to do/change anything on the new host to make my email continue to function?  I want to leave my email managed through Godaddy.

My vague understanding is that pointing the nameservers from Godaddy to my new host will mean that all the DNS zone settings will now be managed on the new host, is that correct??  Or have I misunderstood (entirely likely)?!

My email has been set up how it is for years, and it has worked well, and I do not want to break it.  The website is secondary, the email is essential Big Grin

Would appreciate any advice

Cheers,
Mike.

Print this item

Let's see some photos
Posted by: Kenj - 30-01-2023, 09:58 AM - Forum: Photography, film and video - No Replies

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Print this item

Why Google is broken...
Posted by: nzoomed - 30-01-2023, 09:13 AM - Forum: Computing and Technology - Replies (4)

This sums it up well, ive noticed things have been on a decline for a while.

Print this item

More rain still to come
Posted by: nzoomed - 30-01-2023, 07:44 AM - Forum: News and Current Affairs - Replies (10)

Hope everyone is all OK.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/i-do-have-...PJWVFFZDU/

Print this item

A 1930's view of the possible future
Posted by: Lilith7 - 29-01-2023, 06:22 PM - Forum: Trademe Discussion - Replies (6)

From a German artist, Echte Wagner, who designed advertising cards
Interesting ideas - he was right about phones to some extent anyway & a plane which rises & descends vertically.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/futuris...AKglwGbQCI

Print this item

Ageism ?
Posted by: Zurdo - 29-01-2023, 01:49 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (3)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1310449...-shortages

If you are over 50 you might have run into this. I have, but seemed to break through the barrier as I got even older.

Print this item