Too Many Message Boards
Newshub-Reid Research poll - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Opinion and Politics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Newshub-Reid Research poll (/showthread.php?tid=1112)

Pages: 1 2

Newshub-Reid Research poll - Oldfellah - 08-02-2022

Newshub-Reid Research poll: Nearly 40 pct of people think National's Christopher Luxon is doing a good job.

But what the fuck has he done? I cant think of anything life changing, 

as always Im usually wrong about things so please feel free to enlighten me. Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - king1 - 08-02-2022

survived more than five minutes in the Job? that's a bit of an achievement for Nats at the moment

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - TinkandTiff - 08-02-2022

What do you expect him to have done? He is in Opposition at the moment. Not much he can do, except strengthen his parties brand whilst creating policy and preparing his team for the next election. Which is what he is doing.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Magoo - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 10:03 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Newshub-Reid Research poll: Nearly 40 pct of people think National's Christopher Luxon is doing a good job.

as always Im usually wrong about things so please feel free to enlighten me. Big Grin Big Grin
hes done about the same as ms ardern had before she assumed the role

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Oldfellah - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 12:12 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 10:03 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Newshub-Reid Research poll: Nearly 40 pct of people think National's Christopher Luxon is doing a good job.

hes done about the same as ms ardern had before she assumed the role
Yep .... Nothing

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Lilith7 - 08-02-2022

Oh come on - he hired that lovely Mercedes to get across the street - surely that's notable. it was beautifully shiny...Smile

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Oldfellah - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 02:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh come on - he hired that lovely Mercedes to get across the street - surely that's notable. it was beautifully shiny...Smile
What was beautiful and shiny, his head or the Mercedes?

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - yousnoozeyoulose - 08-02-2022

Wonder if Chris is still living there... He could invite some of today's new noisy neighbours up for a cuppa.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Lilith7 - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 02:57 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 02:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh come on - he hired that lovely Mercedes to get across the street - surely that's notable. it was beautifully shiny...Smile
What was beautiful and shiny, his head or the Mercedes?
Big Grin Big Grin
I hadn't even thought of his head - but now that you mention it... Big Grin

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Olive - 08-02-2022

I think it's unfair to criticise Luxon, or anybody, on the basis of their appearance. It's in the same category as criticising someone's teeth. And goodness knows there are so many other reasons to despise Luxon that don't involve body shaming, let's develop those.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Lilith7 - 09-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 07:03 PM)Olive Wrote: I think it's unfair to criticise Luxon, or anybody, on the basis of their appearance.  It's in the same category as criticising someone's teeth.    And goodness knows there are so many other reasons to despise Luxon that don't involve body shaming, let's develop those.
True - you're absolutely right & we shouldn't judge someone on appearance.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Wainuiguy - 09-02-2022

Interesting that this poll seems to have been quietly shuffled off to one side......

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8892-nz-national-voting-intention-january-2022-202202072332

National 35% up3.5% since December
Labour 33% down 2.5%
Act 13% - down 5%
Greens 10 up 2%
Maori Party 2.5%
NZFirst 2.5%

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - yousnoozeyoulose - 09-02-2022

Well that's very different! The (not particularly well regarded) Roy Morgan poll has always been a little kooky, but not that kooky. I'm assuming their methodology hasn't changed?

Polls are weird. Shrugs.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - ObeWan - 09-02-2022

Thing that strikes me with these polls.
I’ve never been asked to participate in a political poll.
Nobody has ever mentioned to me they have participated in a political poll.
None of my family have ever participated in a poll.
I haven’t heard anyone say anything at all flattering about the government lately.
Or for quite some time.
Who is voting in these things?

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Wainuiguy - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 09:05 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Well that's very different! The (not particularly well regarded) Roy Morgan poll has always been a little kooky, but not that kooky. I'm assuming their methodology hasn't changed?

Polls are weird. Shrugs.

Both RM and Reid tend to jump around a bit but RM was the closest of the polls in election 2020 - almost exactly what they got in their last poll the week prior to the election.

(09-02-2022, 09:07 PM)ObeWan Wrote: Thing that strikes me with these polls.
I’ve never been asked to participate in a political poll.
Nobody has ever mentioned to me they have participated in a political poll.
None of my family have ever participated in a poll.
I haven’t heard anyone say anything at all flattering about the government lately.
Or for quite some time.
Who is voting in these things?

well now you know someone who has been asked - i have done 2 over the years - the Colmar Brunton one and Roy Morgan

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - jackford - 10-02-2022

Never been asked/phd to participate in Political Polls.

Have done plenty for Local body, AT issues.

One survey co, think based on the Shore we did some surveys for where we were actually  paid.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - SueDonim - 10-02-2022

Years ago I used to do a survey that was a monthly booklet with all sorts of questions in it. The reward was "points" which could be spent on goods and I did "buy" a few useful items over the years that I did it. It got a bit tedious with having to record all grocery expenditure, etc., but was also interesting for political polls. I also did a TV ratings one for a short while - it was too onerous. I was supposed to record times and what was on the TV every time I entered or left the room.

The specific political polls that are currently in the media only sample a relatively small number of people but they ensure that it is the right cross section of society and enough people for it to be statistically correct when the numbers are extrapolated across the population as a whole. Often they tell you the margin of error - amusing when the political party gets eg 3% but the margin of error is 3%, meaning that they might actually be 0% (or 6%). Back when we still had a landline we would sometimes get phone calls where the caller would check household numbers and ages and then say "we have enough in your demographic and don't need you" or else very occasionally we would "fit" what they needed and answer questions.

I guess it's a bit like jury service - some people get called up heaps of times, others never.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Lilith7 - 10-02-2022

I've sometimes done polls, Colmar Brunton once or twice & also Horizon poll. Too long though & I don't bother these days.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - reigns - 14-02-2022

I honestly don't care how either National or Labour are doing in the polls. Neither party does fuck all anyway.

I'd rather spite vote for Greens next election or waste my vote on TOP than be complicit in returning either major party back to power. Clark let housing boom under her, Key criticised her for it. National's own housing price boom was tempered by the GFC, and they waited until late in the game to start "reviewing" the RMA. Ardern promised more houses and greater affordability, then did a complete backflip and has reigned over the higher house price increase in, like, forever.

COVID is not my main concern anymore. It is what it is now. Housing is still a problem. A lack of wage movement for a lot of Kiwis is still a problem. Our crumbling infrastructure is still a problem. Climate change is still a problem. I've only voted in a handful of elections but enough now, at least, to know that both Luxon and Ardern will talk about the problems and the solutions they have but neither will end up doing fucking anything.

A change of government only interests me so far as meaning I get to hear from a different group moaning for a few years. God knows the NZ Issues-types have near filled up the Moaning Bucket in less than two complete terms.

RE: Newshub-Reid Research poll - Magoo - 14-02-2022

good to hear
i moan and bitch and carry on like an old woman
ranting and raving flying off the handle mountain molehill kneejerk back pedalling misanthrope.
horses for courses i spose.
i am persona non grata at nzissues.