Too Many Message Boards
So ahead of time - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: PC World Forums (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Forum: PC World Chat (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: So ahead of time (/showthread.php?tid=1717)

Pages: 1 2

So ahead of time - piroska - 14-12-2022

SOmeone needs to start the move here.
20th is only a week (ish) away.

Whats everyone doing for xmas then?

RE: So ahead of time - king1 - 14-12-2022

morning, a real shame about PCWorld, that board has been around forever...

We're supposed to going to my mums 80th this weekend and then having xmas at our place for the extended family - but wouldn't you know it, my older son who lives in the sleepout tested positive for covid two nights ago, picked up from a client at work, so our plans are up in the air at the moment...

RE: So ahead of time - zqwerty - 14-12-2022

Yes Covid is back, I'm wearing a mask in all high density people areas with constant traffic like Supermarkets, Malls.

RE: So ahead of time - harm_less - 14-12-2022

One door closes and another opens. I'm looking forward to an influx of new discussion as a result of the demise of PCWorld.

RE: So ahead of time - Oh_hunnihunni - 14-12-2022

That'd be good.

As for the Festive stuff, I am hibernating, as usual, me being one of those Grinch creatures... Bah humbug.

RE: So ahead of time - R2x1 - 14-12-2022

There is no cause for alarm, nor can I see any chocolate fish
Wink

RE: So ahead of time - Oh_hunnihunni - 14-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 11:15 AM)R2x1 Wrote: There is no cause for alarm, nor can I see any chocolate fish
Wink

There maybe a reason for that. Sez she wiping her chocky fingers on her genes...

RE: So ahead of time - Praktica - 14-12-2022

I know of another forum ending - the Amateur Photographer magazine forum is closing in early January - the magazine website's new software is not compatible with it , and I don't think Kelsey Media, the owners, can be bothered with a forum. One of the members has started a replacement.

RE: So ahead of time - R2x1 - 14-12-2022

Does gene therapy for chocolate fish invlove doctors, a vet, or a washing machine;
Wink

RE: So ahead of time - Wainuitech - 14-12-2022

Christmas  Where did that sneak up from LOL.  Tongue

Just got back a couple of weeks ago from Rarotonga,  trying my hardest not to get wound up in work before Christmas.  Still in holiday mode but staying around home, will be doing renovations outside.

Swimming pool all cleaned and ready to go.  Maybe 1st dip this weekend.

RE: So ahead of time - Garysixtyseven - 15-12-2022

Made it over to here, not ready for Christmas at all work is still crazy busy and I'm meant to be off hunting mid next week for a few days.

RE: So ahead of time - Oh_hunnihunni - 15-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 03:49 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Does gene therapy for chocolate fish invlove doctors, a vet, or a washing machine;
Wink

Or all of the above?  Big Grin

RE: So ahead of time - Kenj - 15-12-2022

Probably still be unpacking boxes of "stuff" in our new home. "Stuff" is crap that we probably will never use but SWMBO thinks we need!

Going to nephews for Christmas dinner on the big day. It will be the 80th one I have seen and the day will be nice as there will be little ones there. That's what it's all about really! Kids and sunshine which has been in short supply lately. It has been raining steadily here for the last 18 hrs. Grrrr!

Ken

RE: So ahead of time - Olive - 15-12-2022

What is SWMBO ?

RE: So ahead of time - king1 - 15-12-2022

she who must be obeyed

RE: So ahead of time - Praktica - 15-12-2022

(15-12-2022, 07:31 AM)Olive Wrote: What is SWMBO ?

She Who Must Be Obeyed. It's taken from a story by an author called Rider Haggard, and was used by Rumpole (of the Bailey) as a name for his wife.

RE: So ahead of time - Olive - 15-12-2022

Thanks. Yes, I remember Rumple very fondly but wasn't aware that that particular insult was still in current use.

RE: So ahead of time - WalOne - 15-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 11:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(14-12-2022, 11:15 AM)R2x1 Wrote: There is no cause for alarm, nor can I see any chocolate fish
Wink

There maybe a reason for that. Sez she wiping her chocky fingers on her genes...

I surmise her DNA might have a fascinating story to tell

RE: So ahead of time - Pato - 15-12-2022

Greetings to everyone and all the best for Xmas and the new year.  I am sure that I will get as much enjoyment out of the new forum as i have for the past 18 years

on the old one.

RE: So ahead of time - Kenj - 15-12-2022

SWMBO has been in common use on the Pf1 forum for many years. I pride myself that being one the first user of the acronym. Possibly my only intelligent comment in my 14 or so years!

SWMBO refers to me as HWDAHIT (He Who Does As He Is Told)

Ken