Too Many Message Boards
Amarex Couriers Rant - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: PC World Forums (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Forum: PC World Chat (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: Amarex Couriers Rant (/showthread.php?tid=1796)

Pages: 1 2

Amarex Couriers Rant - driftwood - 13-01-2023

Is this the place to complain about Amarex courier deliveries?
I imagine facebook has a section reserved for this but I'm not a user.
I don't bother filing a inquiry on their site as they don't respond until after the item is delivered. 
Maybe taking several weeks to deliver an item from Christchurch to Wanaka over the Xmas period is ok.
Currently there were three of my items showing on their tracker, as at their central depot for over a week. 
Yesterday they delivered one of them. When I rechecked the tracker, the other items were showing as picked up the day before.
I've been told some of the locals have been driving to the depot to try and get their items.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - king1 - 13-01-2023

They're all ugly at the moment...

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - Oldfellah - 13-01-2023

You can certainly rant, vent and complain on here but I doubt the courier company will read it.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - R2x1 - 13-01-2023

Are our couriers modelling their performance on Swiss Post? (If so, they'll have to slow down a LOT and seriously mechanise their package crushing division if they want to even get qualified to enter the junior league of that division. )

Wink

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - Garysixtyseven - 13-01-2023

I have a package with them, but living rural tracking finishes when its handed over to the rural network so who knows where it is at the moment.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - driftwood - 13-01-2023

Just spotted this.

https://nz.trustpilot.com/review/aramex.co.nz

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - Oh_hunnihunni - 13-01-2023

On Wednesday I booked two pick ups for this morning. No shows. Went down to the village at 1.30 and there was my local Aramex van unloading packages for New World. So I asked her why no pick up... She said she hadn't been messaged, and promised Monday.

I hope my buyers are feeling patient.

(13-01-2023, 12:13 PM)driftwood Wrote: Is this the place to complain about Amarex courier deliveries?
I imagine facebook has a section reserved for this but I'm not a user.
I don't bother filing a inquiry on their site as they don't respond until after the item is delivered. 
Maybe taking several weeks to deliver an item from Christchurch to Wanaka over the Xmas period is ok.
Currently there were three of my items showing on their tracker, as at their central depot for over a week. 
Yesterday they delivered one of them. When I rechecked the tracker, the other items were showing as picked up the day before.
I've been told some of the locals have been driving to the depot to try and get their items.

I find the further parcels have to travel the quicker they get here. But local takes weeks...

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - driftwood - 13-01-2023

After seeing that post on trustpilot I filed a complaint on the Commerce Commission site & attached that link.
Hope it doesn't come back & bite me in the whatsit.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - R2x1 - 13-01-2023

At least Aramex is consistently bad.
I would agree that a warning should be displayed advising that the service could be harmful to persons with normal or higher blood pressure, and totally hazardous to "payees" expecting to graduate to "recipient" status inside the old fashioned life span of 3 score and ten years. Lotto delivers the goods more often than this conglomerate of money grubbing investors.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - Wainuitech - 13-01-2023

Aramex actually make all other couriers even NZ post look Great Wink  Actually Courier Post here are good, over night.

Aramex are damn useless no matter where they are, cheap prices ( than others) and service to match.

Short while back, had a Supplier in Auckland send components by Aramex - Damn hopeless. Another supplier in Auckland - NZ couriers, delivered overnight, Aramex, when ringing to ask about their tracking the recorded message said there were a couple of days delay ( so extra days on top of already slowness) the message then said basically don't bother waiting to talk to someone to ask about delivery UNLESS its been 5 business days past its due date. 

Rang the Supplier in Auckland and my account manager said when putting through an order, email him right away with their order number and he will jump in and alter to NZ Couriers. He's actually building up a LONG list of dissatisfied customers complaining about Aramex, so he has a case to take to his boss to change couriers. Apparently its a LONG list as everyone is complaining.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - piroska - 14-01-2023

1)There are a lot more parcels being ordered.
2)It comes down to individual drivers, some are great, some not.

3)Mainly it's the shot companies - all of them too.  Read this:

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/rebecca-on-aramex

https://crux.org.nz/crux-news/aramex-to-come-under-worksafe-spotlight-as-drivers-voice-safety-concerns

Don't pick on the overworked, stressed out, badly paid drivers, who often have been just taken on, or a temping for one who's run away or off "sick" - that is cowering at home, depressed and trapped into a nightmare.

Pick on the bigwigs way of running these companies.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - Wainuitech - 14-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 08:41 AM)piroska Wrote: 1)There are a lot more parcels being ordered.
2)It comes down to individual drivers, some are great, some not.

Pick on the bigwigs way of running these companies.

Number two I'll agree with, sometimes you get really good drivers ( any company) others really should look for another job.

Aramex though its generally country wide, not very many people who actually like them. Most use them because they are cheap.

Couple of times had parcels sit at the depo for a week, only managed to get them because I went and collected  myself. When asking why it wasn't delivered, all sorts of BS excuses ranging from , no room in the van BS, pack the size of the DVD Case ??  Others " We didn't go your way, as its out of the run area" AGAIN BS, I'm on a main road and they go past several times a day. 

Other times they said it was in the letter box ?? Really - asking what time -- and I'll check the security cams -- then they change their tune, Errrrr oh sorry it wasn't delivered, no one home -- Really, sorry but there was, The van didn't even stop, cams showed van slowing then drove off- so didn't even stop --  errrrrrr  so all BS Excuses.

Other companies don't have the same amount of problems. And the drivers know what the job involves. Only time we had good service from Aramex was when they had a temp driver on for a couple of weeks, and he used to work for NZ couriers, he had retired, as he said he was getting to old, but was filling in this once for a friend.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - harm_less - 14-01-2023

Watched this movie last night.

It was a grueling watch and in my experience Aramex is probably the NZ courier system that it most portrays. We have been considering a change over to Aramex from our present NZ Couriers account as Aramex actively approached us for our deliveries. But after over 3 months since attempting to sign up with them the return communication from them to progress the process still hasn't happened. If that's an indication of their business operations I think we'll stay put.

Ongoing issues with couriers not bothering to honour the Signature Required stickers we have on all urban address deliveries (or just entering the recipient's name from the address label and ust leaving it wherever) really pisses me off, particularly when NZ Couriers refuse to reimburse the delivery charge when an item is lost but I'm very conscious that we could well be 'frying pan to fire' if we go elsewhere.

OP there is a least one other courier related thread on this forum: https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?tid=1707&highlight=courier and https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?tid=1544&highlight=courier

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - user - 14-01-2023

The Trustpilot site gives similar results for other couriers  (1.3-1.4/5) so the reviews on Aramex are not unique for this company.
Trademe gives the  option of them or NZpost. Both have their faults. Both have failed to pickup but only on one occasion each. Both have had very slow deliveries at times. Both have failed to track items to delivery.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - R2x1 - 19-01-2023

Oh, Amarex are not totally useless, although they try hard.
For example, they could easily solve one of the world's more worrying problems just by being what they are good at in an Amarex way. If the world's nuclear powers could just consign their atomic waste to almost anywhere via Amarex, the half-life of almost 98.73% of the glowing parcels would take care of the hazardous radiation and it would arrive at wherever Amarex deigned to ship it to in tip-top super safe condition.

That's handy.
Wink

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - R2x1 - 17-05-2023

Just another Aramex puzzled non-recipient of parcel or help reporting a totally unsurprisingly mess-up. I reported to their (HELP) desk that a parcel I was hoping to see this year was not showing any progress on what they call a tracking site. They promised to contact the local branch to have the parcel located, so after allowing time for my pinch of salt to be digested I checked the tracking for another day or two. To nobody's surprise, no result. I then tried their local branch number, and that lady was apparently reading exactly the same script, even mimicking the first accent. Being of little faith, I don't expect any result - just like it happened when I asked the phone person if they were actually in the Albany depot. A strangely muffled response was beyond my decoding powers, so no useful information from that quarter.
I have just realised that the difficulty lies in my questions being at fault. I should have asked for a good curry recipe, or perhaps useful hints re the care of water buffaloes, THAT may have tweaked a reflex answer instead of a scripted reply.
Alternatively, I could have asked her to spell out her name, so I can be sure my report to the Commerce Commission is correct. At least I could get her to hang up, a small thing, but at least a response.

Patience is a virtue, but my chances at "Virtuosity" are dwindling fast.

Sad

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - Wainuitech - 17-05-2023

Had one last month, The tracking said it had been at the depo for the last two days. I called and asked when it would be delivered, they couldn't give a day, so informed them I would come over (from Wainui) to the depo which was under 10 minutes away a to collect it. Didn't wait for a response, just hung up and went - Surprise it was at the reception desk waiting Wink

Funny thing was the next time a supplier had to send me a few boxes, they turned up over night. Smile

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - R2x1 - 17-05-2023

My Flabber is utterly gasted. The parcel arrived today, in excellent condition. To my amazement the driver had another parcel, but from China. (The other was from Tauranga.) The China parcel was ordered around 20 minutes before the Tauranga one, it arrived one minute later. Maybe I should have selected the paid freight instead of the Free Shipping option.
Other Aramex customers (NOT users) might be as amazed as I was, but from Aramex, it was a brilliant result.

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - R2x1 - 23-05-2023

Oh darn, another parcel has been condemned to an indefinite term of Aramex confinement. I presume my parcel will at least find a friend or two in the big crowd it associates with as it serves out its time in limbo.
If, among the superfine print in the "Terms Of Service" Aramex almost definitely intend to circulate real soon now, they included the message that Long Term Storage is included at no extra cost, their victims could not say they are being victimised by becoming waiters. They're probably going to get a fairly large serving of free storage, along with a total immunity from requiring laxatives for quite some time.
Does receiving notification that you've been inflicted with Aramex entitle you to victim support ? (Obviously, that support would not be urgently required, ample time to await service is assured unless pig-poop-repellent-hats are required.)

Is Ample Effervescent Amber Fluid more Effective than Prozac as a treatment after being advised you've been added to Aramex's waiting list?

Is an Aramex notice of infinite delays pending any good as a deferment priority case if served with an eviction notice as your house is about to be demolished to make way for a galactic hyperspace by-pass?

Don't hurry to comment, I may well be waiting here for a while.  It is probably unnecessary for me to suggest to Aramex where they could park their so-called service.
Wink

RE: Amarex Couriers Rant - R2x1 - 24-05-2023

i thought shock treatment for mental afflictions was banned these days?  I had to be mad to be involved with an Aramex delivery, but it happened; then came the shock. Delivered next day - - Tauranga to Auckland.
@#$&!?  Words fail me.  What can I believe in now?

Confused Huh