Too Many Message Boards
Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Opinion and Politics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour (/showthread.php?tid=2350)

Pages: 1 2 3

Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Wainuiguy - 01-08-2023

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/9302-nz-national-voting-intention-july-2023

Now National and ACT hold a very clear lead 2 months out from the election.  At this point Hipkins must be getting very nervous and so too must almost 30 of his Caucus collegues who, on these numbers, will be polishing their CVs.

Hipkins insists, after releasing their list over the weekend, that Labour has a large amount of quality talent.  But if that is so why did they replace Kiri Allen with Tamati Coffey?  A candidate so poor that even in 2020s "red wave" he couldn't hold his seat.

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Kenj - 01-08-2023

Yes, he's not the sharpest knife in a drawer full of very blunt knives.

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Wainuiguy - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 06:42 PM)Kenj Wrote: Yes, he's not the sharpest knife in a drawer full of very blunt knives.

It's a selection that I think is designed to give TPM another seat.

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - harm_less - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 06:56 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 06:42 PM)Kenj Wrote: Yes, he's not the sharpest knife in a drawer full of very blunt knives.

It's a selection that I think is designed to give TPM another seat.
The results of that poll, which interestingly was conducted by an Australian based polling company, is most interesting in the increase in support in the minor parties. As Brian Tamaki so succinctly said, National and Labour are pretty much two butt cheeks of the same arse with Seymour's ACT lying somewhere between them.

NZ is generally losing interest in the same old shit being broadcast from the stale old political parties and the realities of the state of our planet are fostering interest in those with a longer term view of our future. Here's hoping.

(01-08-2023, 08:41 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 06:56 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: It's a selection that I think is designed to give TPM another seat.
The results of that poll, which interestingly was conducted by an Australian based polling company, is most interesting in the increase in support in the minor parties. As Brian Tamaki so succinctly said, National and Labour are pretty much two butt cheeks of the same arse with Seymour's ACT lying somewhere between them.

NZ is generally losing interest in the same old shit being broadcast from the stale old political parties and the realities of the state of our planet are fostering interest in those with a longer term view of our future. Here's hoping.

The Australian polling company that was the closest to the actual results in 2020.

And really you are quoting Brian Tamaki?  Hahahahahahahahaha!

(01-08-2023, 08:52 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 08:41 PM)harm_less Wrote: The results of that poll, which interestingly was conducted by an Australian based polling company, is most interesting in the increase in support in the minor parties. As Brian Tamaki so succinctly said, National and Labour are pretty much two butt cheeks of the same arse with Seymour's ACT lying somewhere between them.

The Australian polling company that was the closest to the actual results in 2020.

Political polling is a total craps shoot at the end of the day. Get back to us on October 15th with the only poll that is really relevant.

Thought quoting Bishop Brian would get you going Tongue

(01-08-2023, 09:05 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 08:52 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The Australian polling company that was the closest to the actual results in 2020.

Political polling is a total craps shoot at the end of the day. Get back to us on October 15th with the only poll that is really relevant.

The trend across all the polls is now saying the same thing - Labour won't form a government in October unless there is a major shift between now and October.

(01-08-2023, 09:09 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:05 PM)harm_less Wrote: Political polling is a total craps shoot at the end of the day. Get back to us on October 15th with the only poll that is really relevant.

The trend across all the polls is now saying the same thing - Labour won't form a government in October unless there is a major shift between now and October.
Discount the impact of the minor parties at your peril.

(01-08-2023, 09:26 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:09 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The trend across all the polls is now saying the same thing - Labour won't form a government in October unless there is a major shift between now and October.
Discount the impact of the minor parties at your peril.

TPM, Greens and Labour can't form a government based on those numbers.  NZ First possibly in the mix but let's hope not.  No other monor party will get 5%

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Oh_hunnihunni - 02-08-2023

Every one needs representation, though I think dumb people may already be well covered, considering...

(01-08-2023, 09:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:26 PM)harm_less Wrote: Discount the impact of the minor parties at your peril.

TPM, Greens and Labour can't form a government based on those numbers.  NZ First possibly in the mix but let's hope not.  No other monor party will get 5%

But imagine what could happen if the minors got together...

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Wainuiguy - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 10:25 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Every one needs representation, though I think dumb people may already be well covered, considering...

(01-08-2023, 09:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: TPM, Greens and Labour can't form a government based on those numbers.  NZ First possibly in the mix but let's hope not.  No other monor party will get 5%

The likelihood of that happenung s so small as to not even be considered.  Many have clashing policy and values.  Others the people at the top won't want to share any possible influence.

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - king1 - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 10:25 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Every one needs representation, though I think dumb people may already be well covered, considering...

(01-08-2023, 09:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: TPM, Greens and Labour can't form a government based on those numbers.  NZ First possibly in the mix but let's hope not.  No other monor party will get 5%

imagine that - assuming Labour and National would never work together, what sort of numbers would the minor parties need to form a government?  

I'm thinking it would have to be well over 50% otherwise one breakaway minor party would go form a government with Labour or Nats. Since there is only 3 or 4 real minor contenders, one might expect they would have to come up with the better part of 15-20% each...

But since both Labour and National seem hell bent on alienating everyone at the moment, anything is possible...

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Oh_hunnihunni - 02-08-2023

I don't expect it to happen this time round. But I hope I live long enough to see it happen, one day.

I'm thinking Greens, te Pati Maori, maybe TOP, and even NZ First post Winston, lol... They do have common ground.

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Lilith7 - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 12:53 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't expect it to happen this time round. But I hope I live long enough to see it happen, one day.

I'm thinking Greens, te Pati Maori, maybe TOP, and even NZ First post Winston, lol... They do have common ground.

Just not Winston please, by all the gods, not Winston! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

He's a devious, tricky beast is Winnie & not to be trusted.

Although... that hung parliament was rather lovely, so peaceful when the buggers in the beehive can't actually do anything. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Post Winston, the world will be a different place...

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Lilith7 - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 03:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Post Winston, the world will be a different place...

Jeez whaddaya mean post Winston??!

I think he may be indestructible, dammit. Rolleyes Big Grin

Hee hee...
Everybody dies, lol...

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - R2x1 - 02-08-2023

But for some people it may take a fairly sensitive test to distinguish between rigor mortis and their normal work performance.
Wink

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - C_T_Russell - 03-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 08:41 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 06:56 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: It's a selection that I think is designed to give TPM another seat.

Minor parties will be the biggest winners in this election, we have already known that as its been widely reported that the minor parties are taking votes from Labour and National.
Lets just hope the greens dont get over 10%

(02-08-2023, 02:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Just not Winston please, by all the gods, not Winston! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Although... that hung parliament was rather lovely, so peaceful when the buggers in the beehive can't actually do anything. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Whats so "untrustworthy" about Winston? What has he done that was so detrimental to NZ?

Jacinda hands down was the most dishonest PM this country has ever had.

RE: Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour - Lilith7 - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 10:18 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 08:41 PM)harm_less Wrote: The results of that poll, which interestingly was conducted by an Australian based polling company, is most interesting in the increase in support in the minor parties. As Brian Tamaki so succinctly said, National and Labour are pretty much two butt cheeks of the same arse with Seymour's ACT lying somewhere between them.

Minor parties will be the biggest winners in this election, we have already known that as its been widely reported that the minor parties are taking votes from Labour and National.
Lets just hope the greens dont get over 10%

(02-08-2023, 02:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Just not Winston please, by all the gods, not Winston! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Whats so "untrustworthy" about Winston? What has he done that was so detrimental to NZ?

Jacinda hands down was the most dishonest PM this country has ever had.

Winston tends to be extremely tricky & some what devious.

Really??! Dishonest?? Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Have another look at politicians, then. In particular perhaps John Key...