Too Many Message Boards
Taliban to stone women to death again - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: News and Current Affairs (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Taliban to stone women to death again (/showthread.php?tid=3017)

Taliban to stone women to death again - Lilith7 - 29-03-2024

For 'adultery'; so basically if a male says she committed adultery a woman will be murdered in an especially cruel manner. Because the Taliban are ignorant misogynistic idiots.
And they're certainly not men - they are boys, ignorant,misogynistic & evil boys. Dodgy

I so wish it was possible to remove every woman & all children from Afghanistan & leave those ignorant, cruel bastards to cope without women & children.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2024/mar/28/taliban-edict-to-resume-stoning-women-to-death-met-with-horror#:~:text=The%20Taliban's%20supreme%20leader%2C%20Hibatullah,stoning%20of%20women%20for%20adultery.

"Safia Arefi, a lawyer and head of the Afghan human rights organisation Women’s Window of Hope, said the announcement had condemned Afghan women to return to the darkest days of Taliban rule in the 1990s.

With this announcement by the Taliban leader, a new chapter of private punishments has begun and Afghan women are experiencing the depths of loneliness,” Arefi said.

Now, no one is standing beside them to save them from Taliban punishments. The international community has chosen to remain silent in the face of these violations of women’s rights.”
The Taliban’s supreme leader, Hibatullah Akhundzada, announced at the weekend that the group would begin enforcing its interpretation of sharia law in Afghanistan, including reintroducing the public flogging and stoning of women for adultery.

In an audio broadcast on the Taliban-controlled Radio Television Afghanistan last Saturday, Akhundzada said: “We will flog the women … we will stone them to death in public [for adultery].

You may call it a violation of women’s rights when we publicly stone or flog them for committing adultery because they conflict with your democratic principles,” he said, adding: “[But] I represent Allah, and you represent Satan.”

The news was met by horror but not surprise by Afghan women’s right groups, who say the dismantling of any remaining rights and protection for the country’s 14 million women and girls is now almost complete.

Samira Hamidi, an Afghan activist and campaigner at Amnesty International, said: “In the past two and half years, the Taliban has dismantled institutions that were providing services to Afghan women.
However, their leader’s latest endorsement of women’s public stoning to death is a flagrant violation of international human rights laws, including Cedaw [the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women].”

Hamidi said Afghan women were now in effect powerless to defend themselves from persecution and injustice."

RE: Taliban to stone women to death again - king1 - 29-03-2024

If that isn't incentive enough for the NZ Cricket to pull the plug I don't know what is...

I see there is a lady at the top of NZC so i would be damned surprised if they still play

RE: Taliban to stone women to death again - Lilith7 - 29-03-2024

(29-03-2024, 04:45 PM)king1 Wrote: If that isn't incentive enough for the NZ Cricket to pull the plug I don't know what is...

I see there is a lady at the top of NZC so i would be damned surprised if they still play

Well, if by some weird chance it went ahead then  surely no players would want to go to such a backward country where such cruelty is legal.

RE: Taliban to stone women to death again - nzoomed - 29-03-2024

(29-03-2024, 04:45 PM)king1 Wrote: If that isn't incentive enough for the NZ Cricket to pull the plug I don't know what is...

That should be the final nail in the coffin for the cricket IMHO.

Hard to grasp that something like this can happen in modern society, its barbaric.

RE: Taliban to stone women to death again - Lilith7 - 30-03-2024

(29-03-2024, 08:02 PM)nzoomed Wrote:

That should be the final nail in the coffin for the cricket IMHO.

Hard to grasp that something like this can happen in modern society, its barbaric.

I think the evil, barbarbic Taliban are livng in somewhere around the 11th century...

It would be an extremely interesting thing, to take control of their entire country & firstly, impose the same restrictions on  (without the cruelty & the death penalty obviously) all males from about 9-10 upwards, for perhaps 5 years so they all gain an understanding of what was done to women, while allowing every woman to be properly educated & then after 5 years, also allowing every last person to get an education.
Who knows what they might accomplish.