Too Many Message Boards
Bullshit & hunger - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Opinion and Politics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Bullshit & hunger (/showthread.php?tid=3224)

Bullshit & hunger - Lilith7 - 27-06-2024

Interesting view of the proposed law change to keep agriculture out of the Emissions Trading Scheme from Bryan Bruce (his title)

https://bryanbruce.substack.com/p/bullshit-and-hunger?r=1iccm7&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0yydsubB0Gne4GjPhiJvlFfBcaMw-ZG1oTJXkrumrg3dMTNIQKnM9aFJw_aem_A88wDB7SFiyz79iYQrRFtw&triedRedirect=true

RE: Bullshit & hunger - Oh_hunnihunni - 27-06-2024

I don't get this. Wouldn't farmers simply pass the costs on? So why are some of them so determined to avoid doing anything towards ameliorating their part in climate change?

Maybe they don't believe it's real...

RE: Bullshit & hunger - harm_less - 27-06-2024

(27-06-2024, 05:11 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't get this. Wouldn't farmers simply pass the costs on? So why are some of them so determined to avoid doing anything towards ameliorating their part in climate change?

Greed, ignorance, short sightedness, denial of the damage they're doing,...

In a decade or less their produce will be unmarketable because those who currently buy it will deny us entry on environmental grounds and presently we have a government that is running our country in a series of 100 day progress targets and are more focussed on paying off their voter base than looking at where the world is going while they sell our international reputation down the gurgler.

For now the best we can hope for is a coalition meltdown and an early election to bring some sense into our parliament. It does sound like cracks are showing between National and NZ First over the ferry situation so maybe that hope is not too forlorn.

RE: Bullshit & hunger - Oh_hunnihunni - 27-06-2024

Yes, Winston can be an enormous thorn in the side once aroused to irritation...

RE: Bullshit & hunger - Lilith7 - 27-06-2024

Some farmers have managed to change ways on their farms so that it isn't so damaging, but there are still plenty hell bent on ignoring the problems.

As awful as it might be, the best hope for the future might be for a coalition meltdown.

RE: Bullshit & hunger - C_T_Russell - 29-06-2024

(27-06-2024, 05:11 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't get this. Wouldn't farmers simply pass the costs on? So why are some of them so determined to avoid doing anything towards ameliorating their part in climate change?

You seem disappointed, you want your meat and cheese to even be more unaffordable?
I for one couldn't be more happy with the govt removing livestock from the ETS.

RE: Bullshit & hunger - harm_less - 30-06-2024

(29-06-2024, 11:25 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

You seem disappointed, you want your meat and cheese to even be more unaffordable?
But seeing as how you're a climate change denier that's hardly surprising.

RE: Bullshit & hunger - Oh_hunnihunni - 30-06-2024

Don't eat a lot of either these days CT. Too expensive, and I can't make it at home - unlike fruit and veg, dairy, and baked goods, which I can.

RE: Bullshit & hunger - C_T_Russell - 02-07-2024

(30-06-2024, 10:35 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(29-06-2024, 11:25 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: You seem disappointed, you want your meat and cheese to even be more unaffordable?
But seeing as how you're a climate change denier that's hardly surprising.

It really doesn't matter,  you think the money will save the planet when NZ only produces like .01% of global emissions?

Sheep can save the environment with the eco friendly wool alternatives to synthetic fibers from oil.
We need more sheep, not less.
That's how fucked up the green party is.
Critical thinking all out the door.
(30-06-2024, 10:36 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Don't eat a lot of either these days CT. Too expensive, and I can't make it at home - unlike fruit and veg, dairy, and baked goods, which I can.
Lamb is cheap at the moment.

RE: Bullshit & hunger - king1 - 03-07-2024

Is this an example of critical thinking CT
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?tid=3222&pid=58193#pid58193

RE: Bullshit & hunger - harm_less - 03-07-2024

(02-07-2024, 11:12 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(30-06-2024, 10:35 AM)harm_less Wrote: But seeing as how you're a climate change denier that's hardly surprising.

It really doesn't matter,  you think the money will save the planet when NZ only produces like .01% of global emissions?

Sheep can save the environment with the eco friendly wool alternatives to synthetic fibers from oil.
We need more sheep, not less.
That's how fucked up the green party is.
Critical thinking all out the door.
This documentary piece goes a long way in explaining the philosophy and belief of climate change deniers. The 0.1% argument is just deflection, like a 'look over there, they're doing worse than us' argument.