Too Many Message Boards
Frickin Targets - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Opinion and Politics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Frickin Targets (/showthread.php?tid=3402)

Pages: 1 2

Frickin Targets - harm_less - 20-09-2024

These guys have Luxon's BS down to a tee! Why aren't the mainstream media picking up on this?

RE: Frickin Targets - Lilith7 - 20-09-2024

"I..I haven't been briefed"

Interesting that they using the term 'hygiene' - so very similar to the old term 'whitewash'....

RE: Frickin Targets - harm_less - 20-09-2024

(20-09-2024, 03:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: "I..I haven't been briefed"

Interesting that they using the term 'hygiene' - so very similar to the old term 'whitewash'....
Data hygiene is just more corporate speak resonating from Luxon's past employment.

RE: Frickin Targets - Oh_hunnihunni - 20-09-2024

The interesting thing about targets, is it often means lowering standards in order to meet them...

RE: Frickin Targets - Lilith7 - 20-09-2024

(20-09-2024, 05:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The interesting thing about targets, is it often means lowering standards in order to meet them...

That's clearly no problem at all... Rolleyes

RE: Frickin Targets - king1 - 20-09-2024

luxon looked a bit like he was ready to jump over the podium and smack someone

RE: Frickin Targets - Oh_hunnihunni - 20-09-2024

Fewer...

RE: Frickin Targets - king1 - 20-09-2024

(20-09-2024, 04:23 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-09-2024, 03:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: "I..I haven't been briefed"

Data hygiene is just more corporate speak resonating from Luxon's past employment.

its definitely an important concept in DB management and IT terms. But I had to laugh at the the defensiveness exhibited at the podium, it was almost as if they anticipated a backlash, who would have thought?

RE: Frickin Targets - harm_less - 20-09-2024

(20-09-2024, 08:48 PM)king1 Wrote: luxon looked a bit like he was ready to jump over the podium and smack someone
And that is exactly why Luxon is so resistant to fronting on the Q&A program. He knows fully well that Jack Tame won't put up with his bumpersticker corporate-speak no-answer interviewee style and will push Luxon's buttons eliciting a hissy fit far greater than his 'frickin target' outburst yesterday.

Never the less Luxon is overstressed and out of his comfort zone in being questioned about his job performance, unlike his previous 'read the profit and loss statement and then exit the room' limit of responsiblities. By recent showings it looks like Luxon is due to spit his dummy dramatically before too long and the media will crucify him as a result. Pass the popcorn Tongue

RE: Frickin Targets - Oh_hunnihunni - 21-09-2024

Stressful job though, herding cats...

Especially when all his training tells him to expect compliance.

RE: Frickin Targets - Lilith7 - 21-09-2024

(20-09-2024, 10:29 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-09-2024, 08:48 PM)king1 Wrote: luxon looked a bit like he was ready to jump over the podium and smack someone
And that is exactly why Luxon is so resistant to fronting on the Q&A program. He knows fully well that Jack Tame won't put up with his bumpersticker corporate-speak no-answer interviewee style and will push Luxon's buttons eliciting a hissy fit far greater than his 'frickin target' outburst yesterday.

Never the less Luxon is overstressed and out of his comfort zone in being questioned about his job performance, unlike his previous 'read the profit and loss statement and then exit the room' limit of responsiblities. By recent showings it looks like Luxon is due to spit his dummy dramatically before too long and the media will crucify him as a result. Pass the popcorn Tongue

Oh, let it be so...& soon! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Frickin Targets - Zurdo - 21-09-2024

800 fewer gang members....but didn't we have a huge increase in gang numbers under Labour ? Proof the numbers are bullshit, and they can move them around to suit ''targets.''

RE: Frickin Targets - harm_less - 21-09-2024

“There are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.” Mark Twain

RE: Frickin Targets - Lilith7 - 21-09-2024

(21-09-2024, 02:30 PM)harm_less Wrote: “There are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.” Mark Twain

Mark Twain wasn't wrong about much; he took an especially dim view of politicians. Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes

"The desire to become a politician should be sufficient to warrant being banned from ever doing so for life."

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself."

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often,& for the same reason."

Mark Twain

RE: Frickin Targets - zqwerty - 21-09-2024

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often,& for the same reason." - full of shit LOL

Beautifully put, so concise.

RE: Frickin Targets - harm_less - 21-09-2024

Rumour has it that Luxon is going to be on Q&A tomorrow morning. Nothing definite but I'm ordering in popcorn just in case Big Grin

RE: Frickin Targets - Oh_hunnihunni - 21-09-2024

I better not watch. My tv is high up, and it's a bugger to clean the screen.

Ahhh, but I could watch it on the little screen. Easy to wipe down.

RE: Frickin Targets - Olive - 22-09-2024

Tory Whanau was interviewed instead and she came across as very flaky indeed. I know she's battling hard, but there is no need for flirty Shirley Temple poses when she's caught out talking nonsense.

RE: Frickin Targets - Oh_hunnihunni - 22-09-2024

I don't think she gets the support she needs...

RE: Frickin Targets - Olive - 22-09-2024

(22-09-2024, 06:58 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't think she gets the support she needs...

Yes, I think you're probably right.  However at some stage in her recovery she needs to take responsibility for herself and show some dignity.