Too Many Message Boards
Needs a new name - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Opinion and Politics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Needs a new name (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Needs a new name - yousnoozeyoulose - 21-10-2021

Now that we have a Governor General called Cindy, any suggestions for a fun new name to be used when referring to the PM?

How about "the Prime Minister"?

RE: Needs a new name - crafters_corner - 21-10-2021

(21-10-2021, 03:27 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Now that we have a Governor General called Cindy, any suggestions for a fun new name to be used when referring to the PM?

How about Jacinda?? Tongue

RE: Needs a new name - nzoomed - 21-10-2021

vaxinda

RE: Needs a new name - videomonkey - 21-10-2021

Jacinda "Just 5 more days" Ardern Wink

RE: Needs a new name - Wainuiguy - 27-10-2021

(21-10-2021, 03:27 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Now that we have a Governor General called Cindy, any suggestions for a fun new name to be used when referring to the PM?

I simply use Ardern.  Same as I use Collins, Bridges, Robertson Little etc.
I find the name calling - from both sides of the spectrum - to be tedious.

I do admit to calling Little Angry Andy a number of years ago but only because he always seemed to be.

RE: Needs a new name - crafters_corner - 28-10-2021

(27-10-2021, 09:06 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

I do admit to calling Little Angry Andy a number of years ago but only because he always seemed to be.
What's wrong with proper first names? Jacinda. Cindy.
I agree with you on the name calling being tedious. The underlying tone is that it is trying to be insulting, and probably started by a National supporter.:-))

RE: Needs a new name - Oldfellah - 31-10-2021

I know what I would like to call her but then I would probably get banned.

RE: Needs a new name - Lilith7 - 31-10-2021

(28-10-2021, 10:27 AM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(27-10-2021, 09:06 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I simply use Ardern.  Same as I use Collins, Bridges, Robertson Little etc.

What's wrong with proper first names? Jacinda. Cindy.
I agree with you on the name calling being tedious. The underlying tone is that it is trying to be insulting, and probably started by a National supporter.:-))

Agreed. Name calling is childish nonsense - although I did once refer to David Seymour jokingly as 'St David of Seymour' - I just use their names.

RE: Needs a new name - crafters_corner - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 05:50 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(28-10-2021, 10:27 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: What's wrong with proper first names? Jacinda. Cindy.

Agreed. Name calling is childish nonsense - although I did once refer to David Seymour jokingly as 'St David of Seymour' - I just use their names.
Love your sense of humour in St David of Seymour. Brilliant.

I have actually been called a 'slapper'. Angel
In a loving way though.
Of course. Big Grin

RE: Needs a new name - an amniote - 21-11-2021

(27-10-2021, 09:06 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

I use their last names, too. I reserve first names to those personally familiar to me.

Honorifics given to those in politics seem to have all but disappeared over the last 15 years or so. Referring to Ms Ardern, Ms Collins, Mr Bridges etc. comes over as more respectful to me.

RE: Needs a new name - Magoo - 21-11-2021

name calling is childish and immature
im all for it

RE: Needs a new name - Oh_hunnihunni - 21-11-2021

I like honorifics. I really enjoy being a Mrs.

Ms just irritates me.

RE: Needs a new name - Lilith7 - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 05:57 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I like honorifics. I really enjoy being a Mrs.

Ms just irritates me.
I'm just the opposite - prefer Ms because its annoying to have that distinction between married/unmarried - but only for women.

RE: Needs a new name - crafters_corner - 21-11-2021

I've been a Mrs since I got married in 1973, and that won't ever change. I really don't like Ms.

RE: Needs a new name - Lilith7 - 22-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 06:29 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I've been a Mrs since I got married in 1973, and that won't ever change. I really don't like Ms.
  Either/or is good - & its good to have the option.

RE: Needs a new name - TygerTung - 22-11-2021

Prime Minister Ardern. Or Jacinda Ardern.

RE: Needs a new name - Lilith7 - 22-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 11:05 AM)TygerTung Wrote: Prime Minister Ardern. Or Jacinda Ardern.
 Exactly. Wink