Too Many Message Boards
TM Coin Club Thread - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Collectors' forum (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Coins and Numismatics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: TM Coin Club Thread (/showthread.php?tid=644)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

TM Coin Club Thread - yousnoozeyoulose - 13-11-2021

Don't fret, I'll do a crawl of the thread this evening and get you guys backed up. Can't go losing all that info!

Not sure when I'll get it uploaded, but it will happen eventually!

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - king1 - 13-11-2021

Heck i think they would appreciate that, they got a tonne of info in there

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - yousnoozeyoulose - 13-11-2021

Will do the Stamp Club one as well, even if it's mainly kiwisteven's fair notices, lol

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - yousnoozeyoulose - 13-11-2021

Coin Club and Stamp Club are now all backed up, albeit with nowhere to go.

Might go with a big hulking sql database for storage this time around. That'll be fun.

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - translateltd - 14-11-2021

(13-11-2021, 05:22 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Don't fret, I'll do a crawl of the thread this evening and get you guys backed up. Can't go losing all that info!

Not sure when I'll get it uploaded, but it will happen eventually!

Brilliant - thanks for this!

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - crafters_corner - 14-11-2021

Someone just asked about the Real Estate section as well. Can that be moved over here as well?

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - yousnoozeyoulose - 14-11-2021

Not a problem, will crawl Real Estate this arvo.

Just noticed how long some of those Crafts & Hobbies threads were - very impressive!

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - lester36 - 14-11-2021

Hello I am here

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - translateltd - 14-11-2021

(14-11-2021, 03:47 PM)lester36 Wrote: Hello I am here
Hi Lindsay!

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - Puckles - 14-11-2021

Ran into a bit of turbulence while crossing over but I've made it!

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - ridders - 14-11-2021

Just checking in. Chrisr5 from the TMMB, having previously taken down the coin club it's good to get that albatross off my neck ;-)

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - translateltd - 15-11-2021

I just refreshed the TM Coin Club page "over there" and it defaulted to the new "Community" main page, so it looks like it's down now.

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - translateltd - 18-11-2021

The request for an "official" database dump elicited the expected "boilerplate" response:

Unfortunately, with the messageboards being switched off, that also means the removal of all previous threads/messages, I'm sorry!

The message board was originally introduced as a way for members to help each other use the site, but over the years its purpose has moved away from that. Community is like an extension of our Help centre - it’s a place where members can give tips and advice, ask questions, and help each other and. The main difference is that Community is there to support you specifically for Trade Me related chats - any conversations not Trade Me related will need to be moved elsewhere.

We understand this is a big change for all of you who love the message board. You’re a big part of our awesome Trade Me community, and we want you to keep chatting with each other about Trade Me related things.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out or you can have a read of our help pages here, where you can also get in touch via live chat. You’ll see the option to chat us in the bottom right-hand corner of our Contact Us page when we’re available.

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - yousnoozeyoulose - 19-11-2021

And here's the unofficial version...

Quick and dirty website without all the bells and whistles (will make it bring the relevant messages in due course and not just spit out the whole thread), but the at least the data is there Smile

http://tmboard.freevar.com/index.php?a=4&x=1

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - translateltd - 19-11-2021

Great to have this - thanks for doing (and posting) it.

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - kiwialan - 29-11-2021

Nice to see the old coin thread here, interesting and brings back memories.
Hope this one can continue all our conversations

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - translateltd - 11-12-2021

Had to smile at this one: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/antiques-collectables/militaria/medals/listing/3383258818

I've asked what the specific features are that make it extremely rare compared to all the common ones we see regularly on TM ...

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - alpha111 - 20-12-2021

There are lots of Dickens' fans of "Great Expectations" on T M.
Have just been looking at the Ancients:- 14 Reproductions, 1 modern European and 1 Chinese lucky coin out of 41 lots.
So 61% genuine ancients. Will Trade Me soon be as bad as Amazon?

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - translateltd - 20-12-2021

(20-12-2021, 04:51 PM)alpha111 Wrote: Have just been looking at the Ancients:- 14 Reproductions, 1 modern European and 1 Chinese lucky coin out of 41 lots.
For some people, 1864 *is* ancient - I'm surprised it was that old :-)

RE: TM Coin Club Thread - ridders - 09-02-2022

Welcome to the Coin Club. We are an assortment of newbies and oldbies, amateurs and experts with questions and answers for oldbies and newbies, amateurs and experts in coin collecting, also known as numismatics. Whether you are just getting started, have been collecting for years or have simply found some old coins about the place that you’d like to sell, this is the place to ask your questions.

No one has all the answers, and you may get five differing answers to the same question, yet each may be right in a manner of speaking, especially if opinions are involved. Opinions often vary. If you receive no answer to your query within 48 hours, please ask again.
To post a photo: click on My Trade Me, then on "View My Trade Me". Then scroll way down toward the bottom to "My Photos" and click on that. Click "upload photo" and follow the instructions on-screen from there. Once done, you can copy-and-paste the link to your picture into a message posted here.