Too Many Message Boards
Sayings & Quotes - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Sayings & Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=791)

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 20-02-2023

“How on earth can religious people believe in so much arbritary, clearly invented balderdash?
The acceptance of a creed, any creed entitles the acceptor to membership in the sort of artificial extended famliy we call a congregation. It is a way to fight loneliness.
Any time I see a person fleeing from reason & into religion, I think there goes a person who simply cannot stand being so goddamned lonely any more.
Kurt Vonnegut

“I don't know how to save the world. I don't have the answers ot The Answer. I hold no secret knowledge of how to fix the mistakes of generations past & present. I only know that without compassion & respect for all of earth's inhabitants, none of us will survive – nor will we deserve to.”
Leonard Peltier.

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 21-02-2023

“People don't realise how hard it is to speak truth to a world full of people who don't realise they're living a lie.”
Edward Snowden

“Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.”
Twyla Tharp

“Music to me is the perfect expression of the soul.”
Schumann

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 22-02-2023

“I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being first & foremost & as such I'm for whoever & whatever benefits humanity as a whole.”
Malcolm X

“It is alittle embarrassing that, after forty five years of research & study, the best advice I can give to people is to be a little kinder to each other.”
Aldous Huxley

“If we quit trying it all goes in the shitter”.
David Crosby

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 23-02-2023

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.”
Ernest Hemingway

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then, when you know better, do better.”
Maya Angelou

“I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.”
Ernest Hemingway

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 24-02-2023

“The true strength of rulers & empires lies not in armies or emotions, but in the belief of men that they are inflexibly open & true & legal. As soon as a govt departs from that standard, it ceases to be anything more than 'the gang in possession' & its days are numbered.”
H.G.Wells

“Sooner or later, everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.”
Robert Louis Stevenson

“If you're always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”

“My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who & how you are, to astonish a mean wolrd with your kindness.”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 25-02-2023

“He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” -
Immanuel Kant

“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.”
Maya Angelou

“Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it!”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 26-02-2023

“Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.”

“All great achievements require time.”

“Nothing will work unless you do.”

“If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”

Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 27-02-2023

“Success is loving life and daring to live it.”

“My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy.”

“Talent is like electricity. We don’t understand electricity. We use it.”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 28-02-2023

“While one may encounter many defeats, one must not be defeated.”

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 01-03-2023

“The quality of strength lined with tenderness is an unbeatable combination, as are intelligence and necessity when unblunted by formal education.”

“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”

Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 02-03-2023

“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”

“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”

“Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.”

Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 03-03-2023

“Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.”

“It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.”

“I believe that the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity is daring to dare.”

Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 04-03-2023

“I believe that one can never leave home. I believe that one carries the shadows, the dreams, the fears and the dragons of home under one’s skin, at the extreme corners of one’s eyes and possibly in the gristle of the earlobe.”

“Strong women — precious jewels all — their humanness is evident in their accessibility. We are able to enter into the spirit of these women and rejoice in their warmth and courage.”

“How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 05-03-2023

“A woman who is convinced that she deserves to accept only the best challenges herself to give the best. Then she is living phenomenally.”

“Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.”

“Don’t let the man bring you down.”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 06-03-2023

“Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.”

“A Woman in harmony with her spirit
is like a river flowing.
She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination
prepared to be herself
and only herself “

“If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform a million realities.”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 07-03-2023

“We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.”

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”

“A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 08-03-2023

There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it.”

“If you’re for the right thing, you do it without thinking.”

“We need much less than we think we need.”

Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 09-03-2023

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”

“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”

“Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning.”
Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 10-03-2023

“The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”

“There is nothing so pitiful as a young cynic because he has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing.”

“Each of us, famous or infamous, is a role model for somebody, and if we aren’t, we should behave as though we are — cheerful, kind, loving, courteous. Because you can be sure someone is watching and taking deliberate and diligent notes.”

Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 11-03-2023

“Whining is not only graceless, but can be dangerous. It can alert a brute that a victim is in the neighborhood.”

“The caged bird sings with a fearful trill,
of things unknown, but longed for still,
and his tune is heard on the distant hill,
for the caged bird sings of freedom.”

Maya Angelou

“There is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.”
Amanda Gorman