Too Many Message Boards
Sayings & Quotes - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Sayings & Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=791)

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 06-06-2023

"My life so far has been a long series of things I wasn't ready for. “
Ashleigh Brilliant

“I've learned so much from my failures that I'm thinking of having some more.”
Ashleigh Brilliant

“Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.”
Ashleigh Brilliant

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 07-06-2023

“The greatest obstacle to discovering the truth is being convinced that you already know it. “
Ashleigh Brilliant

“I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent.”
Ashleigh Brilliant

“Why does life keep teaching me lessons I have no desire to learn?
Ashleigh Brilliant

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 08-06-2023

"Nothing we do can change the past, but everything we do changes the future.”
Ashleigh Brilliant

“Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am master of my fate and captain of my soul.”
Ashleigh Brilliant

"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.”

Ashleigh Brilliant

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 09-06-2023

“Obstinacy and vehemency in opinion are the surest proofs of stupidity. “
Bernard Barton

“Courage is fire, & bullying is smoke.”
Benjamin Disraeli

“Birds born in cages think flying is a disease.”
Alejandro Jodorowsky

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 10-06-2023

“Bullets cannot be recalled. They cannot be uninvented. But they can be taken out of the gun.”
Martin Amis

“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
Walter Cronkite

“Evil people always support each other; that is their chief strength.”
Alexander Solzheniitsyn.

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 11-06-2023

Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.”
Terry Pratchett

“The only purpose for which power can rightfully be exercised over any mamber of a civilised community against his will, is to prevent harm to others.”
John Stuart Mill

“To make anyone answerable for doing evil to others is the rule; to make him answerable for not preventing evil, is, comparatively speaking, the exception.”
John Stuart Mill

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 12-06-2023

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”

“There are many truths of which the full meaning cannot be realised until personal experience has brought it home.”

“Popular opinions, on subjects not palpable to sense, are often true, but seldom or never the whole truth.”

John Stuart Mill

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 13-06-2023

“The worst offense of this kind which can be committed by a polemic, is to stigmatise those who hold the contrary opinion as bad and immoral men.”

“It is not because men’s desires are strong that they act ill; it is because their consciences are weak.”

“The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it.”

John Stuart Mill

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 14-06-2023

“Yet, desires and and impulses are as much a part of a perfect human being, as beliefs and restraints;”

“Intelligent following of custom, or even occasionally an intelligent deviation from custom, is better than a blind and simply mechanical adhesion to it.”

“Human nature is not a machine to be built after a model, and set to do exactly the work prescribed for it, but a tree, which requires to grow and develope itself on all sides, according to the tendency of the inward forces which make it a living thing.”

John Stuart Mill

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 15-06-2023

“The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of the opinion is, that it is robbing the human race.”

“Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservatives.”

"Over one's mind and over one's body the individual is sovereign. “
“So long as we do not harm others we should be free to think, speak, act & live as we see fit, without molestation from the individual, law or govt.”

John Stuart Mill

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 16-06-2023

Whatever crushes individuality is despotism, by whatever name it may be called.”
John Stuart Mill

“A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
John Stuart Mill

“Sadio Mane, a Senegalese soccer star, earns approximately $10.2 million annually. He gave the world a rude awakening after some fans were flabbergasted when they saw him carrying a cracked iPhone 11. His response was awesome:
"Why would I want ten Ferraris, 20 diamond watches, and two jet planes? I starved, I worked in the fields, played barefoot, and I didn't go to school. Now I can help people. I prefer to build schools and give poor people food or clothing. I have built schools and a stadium, provide clothes, shoes, and food for people in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people from a very poor Senegalese region in order to contribute to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive some of what life has given me."
Sadio Mane

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 17-06-2023

The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.”
Albert Einstein

“Wealth is evidently not the good we are seeking; for it is merely useful, & for the sake of something else.”
Aristotle

“Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion.”
Simon Sinek

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 18-06-2023

There is no harm in being sometimes wrong – especially if one is ptly found out.”
John Maynard Keynes

“If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.”
Milton Berle

“I married an archaeologist because the older I grow, the more he appreictes me.”
Agatha Christie

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 19-06-2023

“You cannot shake hands with a clenched fiist.”
indira Gandhi

“Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.”
Anne Wilsdon Schaef

“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.”
John W Gardner

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 20-06-2023

All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen.”
Roald Dahl (Matilda)

“Out beyond ideas of right & wrong, there is a field. I'll meet you there.”
Rumi

“When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right.”
Victor Hugo

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 21-06-2023

I come from the slums, and I represent them. I like poor people, I like workers, I like people that struggle. I like them because they have a way of looking at life differently than people who have had everything and don't know what struggling in life is."
Roberto Clemente

“What you seek is seeking you.”
Rumi

“You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”

Rumi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 22-06-2023

Do not feel lonely. The entire universe is inside you.”
Rumi

“Lovers do not finally meet. They're in each other all along.”
Rumi

“This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, & you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.”
Rumi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 23-06-2023

The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.”
Albert Einstein

“Wealth is evidently not the good we are seeking; for it is merely useful, & for the sake of something else.”
Aristotle

“Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion.”
Simon Sinek

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 24-06-2023

“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
Rumi

“Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
Rumi

“Life is a balance between holding on & letting go.”
Rumi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 25-06-2023

“I am not this hair, I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within.”
Rumi

“Dance until you shatter yourself.”
Rumi

“Love is the bridge between you & everything.”
Rumi