Too Many Message Boards
Sayings & Quotes - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Sayings & Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=791)

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 09-07-2023

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

“Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity. “

“Force always attracts men of low morality. “

Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 10-07-2023

“Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them. “

“If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x, play is y and z is keeping your mouth shut.”

“We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them. “
Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 11-07-2023

“If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German and Germany will declare that I am a Jew. “

“The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. “

“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile “

Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - R2x1 - 11-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 11:20 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.

“Force always attracts men of low morality. “

Einstein

I'm not too sure about the universe . . .

Wink

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 12-07-2023

“Our entire much-praised technological progress, and civilization generally, could be compared to an axe in the hand of a pathological criminal. “

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. “

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 13-07-2023

“Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore. “

“It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer. “

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”

Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 14-07-2023

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”

“Try to become not a man of success, but try rather to become a man of value. “

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. “

“Taken on the whole, I would believe that Gandhi's views were the most enlightened of all the political men in our time. “

Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 15-07-2023

“Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.”

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”

“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects.”
Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 16-07-2023

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think. “

“When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity. “

“I never think of the future. It comes soon enough. “
Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 17-07-2023

“Creativity is intelligence having fun. “

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. “

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. “
Einstein

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 18-07-2023

“Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it. “
Einstein

“Dying is like being born; just a change.”
Isabel Allende

“Every tree has its enemy, few have an advocate. In all my works I take the part of trees against all their enemies.”
JRR Tolkien

RE: Sayings & Quotes - R2x1 - 18-07-2023

"They chop down 100 ft trees
To make chairs
I bought one
I am six foot one inch.
When I sit in the chair
I’m four foot two.
Did they really chop down a 100 ft tree
To make me look shorter?"

Goliath (1971) by Spike Milligan

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 19-07-2023

“Compassion hurts.When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away. Your destiny is bound with the destinies of others. You must either learn to carry the universe or be crushed by it. You must grow strong enough to love the world, yet empty enough to sit down at the table with some of its worst horrors.”
Andrew Boyd

“The simple step of the courageous individual is to not take part in the lie.”
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.”
Oscar Levant

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 20-07-2023

“Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear & the blind can see.”
Mark Twain

“If hard work was such a wonderful thing,, surely the rich would have kept it all to themselves.”
Lane Kirkland

“The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they're genuine.”
Abraham Lincoln

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 21-07-2023

“Give people what they need: food, medicine, clean air, pure water, trees & grass, pleasant homes to live in, some hours of work, more hours of leisure. Don't ask who deserves it. Every human being deserves it.
Howard Zinn

“One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion. So now people assume that religion & morality have a necessary connection. But the basis of morality is really very simple & doesn't require religion at all.”
Arthur C Clarke

“I'm going to put this somewhere safe” is an ancient incantation that opens a portal to to a randm point in another timeline, through which all safely kept things travel, never to be seen again.”
The laughing librarian

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 22-07-2023

“You can destroy your now by worrying about tomorrow.”
Janis Joplin

“For a man to understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.”
Anonymous

“That's generally true of people who drop bombs from high altitudes. You don't se what's going on below. You don't see the human consequences of what you're doing.”
Howard Zinn

RE: Sayings & Quotes - zqwerty - 22-07-2023

The common man, no matter how sharp and tough, actually enjoys having the wool pulled over his eyes, and makes it easier for the puller. – P. T. Barnum

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 23-07-2023

"We don't have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in the process of change. Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.”

“Sometimes the difference between two candidates is an important one in the immediate sense, and then I believe trying to get somebody into office, who is a little better, who is less dangerous, is understandable. But never forgetting that no matter who gets into office, the crucial question is not who is in office, but what kind of social movement do you have. Because if you have a powerful social movement, it doesn't matter who is in office.”

“The fact that war belongs to the past, does not mean it has to be part of the future.”

Howard Zinn

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 24-07-2023

“We need to decide that we will not go to war, whatever reason is conjured up by the politicians or the media, because war in our time is always indiscriminate, a war against innocents, a war against children.”

“The problem in this world is not civil disobedience...th e problem in this world is civil obedience.”

“Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it.”

Howard Zinn

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 25-07-2023

“The only hope lies in the fact that the American people - like people everywhere - are basically decent people with common sense.”

“There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.”

“The rule of law does not do away with the unequal distribution of wealth and power, but reinforces that inequality with the authority of law. It allocates wealth and poverty in such calculated and indirect ways as to leave the victim bewildered.”

Howard Zinn