Too Many Message Boards
Sayings & Quotes - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Sayings & Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=791)

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 08-03-2024

“An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”

“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”

Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 09-03-2024

“See the good in people and help them.”

“The future depends on what we do in the present.”
Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 10-03-2024

“It’s easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone.”

“Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world, but to change ourselves.”
Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 11-03-2024

“Service without humility is selfishness and egotism.”

“Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance and appreciation.”

Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 12-03-2024

Speak only if it improves upon the silence.”

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 13-03-2024

“The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.”

“There are two days in the year that we can not do anything, yesterday and tomorrow.”

Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 14-03-2024

“There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed.”

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”

Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 15-03-2024

“Those who know how to think need no teachers.”

“What barrier is there that love cannot break?”

Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 16-03-2024

“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”

“Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.”
“Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.”
Gandhi

RE: Sayings & Quotes - zqwerty - 16-03-2024

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel - Maya Angelou

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 17-03-2024

“Sometimes, you get what you want. Other times,you get a lesson in patience,timing, alignment, empathy,compassion,faith, perserverance, resilience,humility, trust,meaning,awareness,resistance,purpose,clarity,grief,beauty & life.
Either way, you win.
Brianna West

“I don't know what word in the English language – I can't find one – applies to people who are willing to sacrifice the literal existence of organised human life so they can put a few more dollars into highly stuffed pockets; the word 'evil' doesn't even begin to approach it.”
Noam Chomsky

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 18-03-2024

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (& hence clamourous to be led to safety) by menacing it with a series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
H L Mencken

“I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in.”
George McGovern

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 19-03-2024

I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”
Stephen Hawking

“Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul.”
Joyce Carol Oates

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 20-03-2024

“This disposition to admire, & almost worship, the rich & the powerful, & to despise or at least , to neglect, persons of poor & mean condition, is the greatest & most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments.”
Adam Smith

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”
Richard Feynman

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 21-03-2024

“You never realise how much of your background is sewn into the lining of your clothes.”

“A cult is a religion with no political power.”

Tom Wolfe

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 22-03-2024

“Everybody, everybody everywhere has their own movie going on, their own scenario, & everybody is acting his movie like mad, only most people don't know that is what they're trapped by, their own little script.”

“A lie may fool someone else, but it tells you the truth; you're weak.”

Tom Wolfe

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 23-03-2024

“War is a game played by maniacs who kill each other. Locate the man who profits by war & strip him of his profits – war will end.”
Woody Guthrie

“Evangelicals are NOT Christians – they're a politicial movement that has sold its souls to the highest bidder.”
Anon

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 24-03-2024

“Read. Read anything. Read the things they say are good for you, & the things they claim are junk. You'll find what you need to find. Just read.
Neil Gaiman

“We swallow any lie that flatters us but sip only little by little a truth we find bitter.”
Denis Diderot

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 25-03-2024

“Climate activists are sometimes depicted as dangerous radicals. But the truly dangerous radicals are the countries that are increasing the production of fossil fuels.
Investing in new fossil fuels is moral & economic madness.”
Antonio Guterres. UN chief.

Everyone always tells introverts to speak up more, yet no one tells extroverts to quieten down.”
Anon

RE: Sayings & Quotes - Lilith7 - 26-03-2024

“I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no god. No one created the universe & no one directs our fate.
We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe & for that, I am extremely grateful.”
Stephen Hawking

“The surest cure for vanity is loneliness.”
Thomas Wolfe