Too Many Message Boards
Only my opinion - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Only my opinion (/showthread.php?tid=970)

Only my opinion - Oldfellah - 30-12-2021

I had a look on youtube at what DJ Dimension does and to be honest I dont think their is any talent to what he does at all, he is not playing an instrument just a mixing machine.
To me it seems like he has mixed sounds together on a computer (even I can do that) and plays these sounds at a gig with synchronized lights.

No talent at all but as I say thats just my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with me.

https://tinyurl.com/yyrkmvo9

RE: Only my opinion - Oh_hunnihunni - 30-12-2021

We are biased. We know what real music is.

RE: Only my opinion - crafters_corner - 30-12-2021

I'm more concerned that he broke the rules, than about the music he plays.

Sorry after the fact, means nothing.

RE: Only my opinion - Olive - 30-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 01:09 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I'm more concerned that he broke the rules, than about the music he plays.

Sorry after the fact, means nothing.

I don't care what kind of music he performs. He could be the world's finest Operatic tenor and I would still hate him for his selfishness, arrogance and mendaciousness.

RE: Only my opinion - Oh_hunnihunni - 30-12-2021

No point in hating this damned fool. Save it for important stuff.

RE: Only my opinion - Lilith7 - 30-12-2021

I quite like it, but then I like quite a bit of techno (or whatever its called - I often have no idea what genre I'm listening to) although I prefer Underworld, Boris Brechja or Sama Abdulhadi.
But then apparently I have 'weird taste' in music.

I think that once you hit 60-70, you're supposed to start listening to Charlie Pride, but I've heard Charlie Pride so that was never going to happen. Smile

RE: Only my opinion - Oldfellah - 30-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 06:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I quite like it, but then I like quite a bit of techno (or whatever its called - I often have no idea what genre I'm listening to) although I prefer Underworld, Boris Brechja or Sama Abdulhadi.
But then apparently I have 'weird taste' in music.

I think that once you hit 60-70, you're supposed to start listening  to Charlie Pride, but I've heard Charlie Pride so that was never going to happen. Smile

Yes I would say you have very weird tastes in music and as for Charlie Pride I never listed to him when he was popular and certainly dont intend to start now.
In fact I never listen to Country or Country and western rubbish.

RE: Only my opinion - Olive - 30-12-2021

I listen to a few diverse genres and Spotify has great fun creating playlists for me. Renaissance polyphony, Ry Cooder, Peter Tosh and Nick Cave do not form a comfortable family and I get some really bizarre suggestions.

RE: Only my opinion - Lilith7 - 31-12-2021

I like Ry Cooder; he's a really interesting musician. He did Talking Timbuktu an album with an African musician who's since died, Ali Farka Toure which I really like, & often listen to. He also did the music for the Crossroads movie.
Not so keen on Nick Cave though.

RE: Only my opinion - Oldfellah - 31-12-2021

So whats wrong with AC/DC ,The Rolling Stones ,The Who ,Led Zeppelin ,Fleetwood Mac and all those great musicians ... thats real music  Cool

RE: Only my opinion - Olive - 31-12-2021

(31-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I  like Ry Cooder; he's a really interesting musician. He did Talking Timbuktu an album with an African musician who's since died, Ali Farka Toure which I really like, & often listen to. He also did the music for the Crossroads movie.
Ry Cooder's son Joachim  is a percussionist and is worth listening to.  They have recorded together quite a lot in recent years and it's a treat to hear.

(edited to add) I don't know why those fonts are so peculiar - not intentional on my part.

(31-12-2021, 02:40 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: So whats wrong with AC/DC ,The Rolling Stones ,The Who ,Led Zeppelin ,Fleetwood Mac and all those great musicians ... thats real music  Cool
Not a thing wrong with them - & I listen to them as well. And Jefferson airplane, Canned heat, CCR  Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc etc. Smile

RE: Only my opinion - Oldfellah - 31-12-2021

(31-12-2021, 02:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 02:40 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: So whats wrong with AC/DC ,The Rolling Stones ,The Who ,Led Zeppelin ,Fleetwood Mac and all those great musicians ... thats real music  Cool
Not a thing wrong with them - & I listen to them as well. And Jefferson airplane, Canned heat, CCR  Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc etc. Smile

Lilith I even upped your reputation on that answer ... good on ya

(31-12-2021, 02:45 PM)Olive Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I  like Ry Cooder; he's a really interesting musician. He did Talking Timbuktu an album with an African musician who's since died, Ali Farka Toure which I really like, & often listen to. He also did the music for the Crossroads movie.
Ry Cooder's son Joachim  is a percussionist and is worth listening to.  They have recorded together quite a lot in recent years and it's a treat to hear.

(edited to add) I don't know why those fonts are so peculiar - not intentional on my part.
I just had to google & found that Joachim did an album with Vieux Farka Toure,who's the son of Ali Farka Toure. Smile
There's a song included with the article, Morning blues which Ry Cooder used to play to his son & now plays to his grandkids; the version is Joachim Cooder.

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/joachim-cooder-over-that-road-im-bound

(31-12-2021, 02:51 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 02:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Not a thing wrong with them - & I listen to them as well. And Jefferson airplane, Canned heat, CCR  Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc etc. Smile

Lilith I even upped your reputation on that answer ... good on ya
Cheers - I like loads of different stuff musically, even the odd bit of classical & opera once in a while. Smile

RE: Only my opinion - TygerTung - 31-12-2021

No such thing as real music, it is all just music. Now with these DJs, there is quite a bit of live mixing going on. They will creating songs in the past using a whole bunch of instruments and mix them together. Maybe it isn't practical to take everything on stage at once, who knows?

RE: Only my opinion - Magoo - 31-12-2021

loop musicians still musicians too

RE: Only my opinion - Lilith7 - 01-01-2022

(30-12-2021, 02:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No point in hating this damned fool.  Save it for important stuff.
Like idiot politicians... Angel Angel Big Grin

RE: Only my opinion - Oh_hunnihunni - 02-01-2022

If we were a mature species we wouldn't elect them, we'd give them counselling.

RE: Only my opinion - Oldfellah - 02-01-2022

It would be no good giving politicians counseling because we all know they wont listen

RE: Only my opinion - Lilith7 - 02-01-2022

Perhaps then we need to develop them - "we haf vays of making them listen" Smile