Too Many Message Boards
Gift of the Moggie - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Pets & animals (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Gift of the Moggie (/showthread.php?tid=984)

Gift of the Moggie - yousnoozeyoulose - 02-01-2022

Currently looking after someone else's cat, and she's just dropped off a dead mouse outside the front door.

I've been accepted!

RE: Gift of the Moggie - yousnoozeyoulose - 02-01-2022

By the...?

Don't leave me hanging!

RE: Gift of the Moggie - an amniote - 02-01-2022

(02-01-2022, 03:22 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote:
Currently looking after someone else's cat, and she's just dropped off a dead mouse outside the front door.

I've been accepted!
That's so gorgeous.

I looked after a friend's cat for a week a while ago. I'd hang about for a bit so he had some company. He was a little stand-offish to begin with but even on the first day he hissed at me as I went to leave! Soon I was able to pick him up for cuddles, which he liked. By the last day he was happy to sleep on my lap as I read in a lounge chair.

The day my friend returned I went over to drop off her house key. Her cat was there and immediately was all over me. But you should have seen the stink eye he gave me as I left!

(02-01-2022, 03:42 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: By the...?

Don't leave me hanging!
Oops, somehow I must've posted by mistake?  Huh

Anyway, the teaser's gone now and the full story's up. Smile

RE: Gift of the Moggie - yousnoozeyoulose - 02-01-2022

Love it. Cats are wonderfully enigmatic little creatures.

There's nothing more special than finding a friendship with a cat.

RE: Gift of the Moggie - Oh_hunnihunni - 02-01-2022

Don't give me that sentimental rubbish. These are superior intelligences. They know a sucker when they spot one. And how to train that sucker to behave appropriately...

My fellow knows full well which side his bread is buttered on. He knows that to get a snack he must smooch around my legs when I'm in the kitchen. Then he sits on command before he gets the goods. Cool

Mine is more advanced up the dominance scale than yours. She comes to my chair, sits on the arm and yells at me till I get up and feed her. Then she has two mouthfuls, twitches, and leaves.

I put her dish in the fridge. Half an hour later she reappears, more yelling, more feeding, more twitching, more leaving.

And this is what she calls 'being a companion'.

[attachment=177 Wrote:Oh_hunnihunni pid='13028' dateline='1641097745']Mine is more advanced up the dominance scale than yours. She comes to my chair, sits on the arm and yells at me till I get up and feed her. Then she has two mouthfuls, twitches, and leaves.

I put her dish in the fridge. Half an hour later she reappears, more yelling, more feeding, more twitching, more leaving.

[attachment=177]

I do sometimes wonder if my feline is really part canine. Until yesterday he'd hardly left my side since Xmas day. I think he's gone back to work now as I haven't seen him since 4:30 am.

(02-01-2022, 04:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Mine is more advanced up the dominance scale than yours. She comes to my chair, sits on the arm and yells at me till I get up and feed her. Then she has two mouthfuls, twitches, and leaves.

(02-01-2022, 04:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Mine is more advanced up the dominance scale than yours. She comes to my chair, sits on the arm and yells at me till I get up and feed her. Then she has two mouthfuls, twitches, and leaves.

That's a lovely bed you've given her. Where do you sleep? - or are you forbidden to?

She sleeps there during the day. At night she has discovered the laundry basket is both protective and cosy. I have tried putting it in the shower overnight, but she worked out how to open the shower door.

She is a hell of a cat this one, totally rules the roost.

RE: Gift of the Moggie - Magoo - 02-01-2022

i won a kitten in a rapid raffle at the school gala.
mum was pissed off. it ate the budgie and sprayed piss on the toaster.
we called it snatch
cos was soft and furry.

RE: Gift of the Moggie - Lilith7 - 05-01-2022

The dog & I desperately need a cat, or cats. Without the cat to organise us, we're slightly lost & the other day, I forgot to put out the dog's breakfast. And I miss the bossy little bugger.
We're all out of the routine she set for the household - in the not too distant future, may need to get another cat or two.