Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You All Growing??
We have spinach, lettuces, leeks, spring onions, red and brown onions, tomatoes(all types), pumpkin, kamo kamo, courgettes, various types of herbs, various types of chilli, various types of capsicum, plum tree, fejoa tree, lemon tree, 2 lime trees, rhurbarb
At the moment, everything is dying. No rain, having issues with the bore, so it's just tank water for the humans.

Peach trees are fully loaded, and the apple trees are looking good. Just need them to ripen!
Wait, what, I got to have a signature?
Beans, raspberries and peas are all finished now. Plums are mid season with Sultan finished, and Omega and Louisa being picked. Good set on the avocados and fig crop looks good. Apples ripening and black boy peaches sizing up well. Pumpkin crop looking promising. Chillis, capsicums, tomatoes and aubergines enjoying the heat. Courgettes producing well. Celeriac sizing up. Picking corn. Harvested a dismal garlic crop today, hit by rust again this year. Good crop of feijoas coming along and various citrus look promising for mid year.

Hopefully tomorrow's forecast rain lives up to expectations!
just basics here. potatoes, onions, tomatoes and a few tobacco plants
Having a good tomato year.
Just a few strawberries now, managed to save 5.5 kgs of 'seconds' over the season for jam. I just washed, trimmed and froze.
The rhubarb has seeded and is now coming back - the fish guts helped.
Have good crown pumpkins, they'll be ready soon.
I seed saved last year and my zucchinis are a kamokamo cross, but ok to eat, not very prolific, still getting one or two. I will get new seeds for next season.
I had a really good tamarillo set, but greeen fruit is dropping.
Good fruit set for my figs, strawberry guavas, fejoas and oranges.
The neighbour's plums have been magnificent.

Getting organised to sew some trays of brassicas for winter.
Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
(16-02-2020, 07:48 PM):cry:tommi2 Wrote: We have spinach, lettuces, leeks, spring onions, red and brown onions, tomatoes(all types), pumpkin, kamo kamo, courgettes, various types of herbs, various types of chilli, various types of capsicum, plum tree, fejoa tree, lemon tree, 2 lime trees, rhurbarb
Drought restricting growing here all the citrus bar one are ok with a once weekly water.A good Bearr's lime tree succumbed to lack of water as unbeknown to me the mulch was deflecting water away from the tree 
Pumpkins going well, bumper crop of passionfruit !!!
Veges mainly fast going to seed although Manchester carrots are good with monthly plantings
Remember folks  ......water  when the sun is not out in the middle of the day or it all evaporates and comes back to earth on Patagonia!!!!
(16-02-2020, 08:02 PM)wholetruth Wrote: At the moment, everything is dying. No rain, having issues with the bore, so it's just tank water for the humans.

It's rained finally! It was brief, but it was definitely precipitation. Hope the plants don't expect any more of it.
Wait, what, I got to have a signature?
It's looking like it could rain again here. 

But we've had months of promising skies in the past and no rain.

I'm sick of lugging buckets around - from the washing machine, shower, sink...

I don't let a drop go to waste.  Cry
Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
(18-02-2020, 03:06 PM)Ralph Wrote: It's looking like it could rain again here. 

But we've had months of promising skies in the past and no rain.

I'm sick of lugging buckets around - from the washing machine, shower, sink...

I don't let a drop go to waste.  Cry
Sad Yeah been doing that here. My jerry rigged hose came off the washing machine and dumped the water on the floor 
Had to drill a few holes to let her out, not having a bilge pump handy Big Grin
Ive just picked my first cauliflowers this week and dont know what to do with them all.
Have been having lots of cauliflower cheese dishes for dinner!
Pumpkins are maturing nicely in the garden and have had a couple of eggplants and some capsicums almost ready to pick.
Picked my first tomatoes this week, and sweetcorn is all finished.
Potatoes are dying down and I hope I get some good sized ones to dig up.
Cabbages are coming along nicely and will be ready in a week or two. Smile
As we haven't been in this house long haven't had a chance to get a proper veggie garden established so my crops are a bit slow compared to all you others

have a couple of lettuce, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Celery(I wash, chop and freeze for veggie soup), carrots and Parsley never came away ( I never had any luck with those) 

What's the trick to getting carrots and parsley to grow, I even went out and bought the new MacGregor ones on tape so that there is no thinning out, followed the rules on the packet lol still nothing lol
Crab2
Pretty slack year here, silver beet, zucchini, celery, lettuce and an aubergine. ☺️
I sow parsley seed from my own summer plants everywhere just by casting handfuls all over the place, so there is always a plant somewhere. My best carrots were autumn planted in an old concrete washtub and grew fast during those early winter months. They were the heritage rainbow colours, and such fun to pull. I am a fan of coloured vegies now and always opt for rainbows if they are an option. Bit early for brassicas here, too many white flutterbyes around still, but this year I am going to invest in one of those net cages as well, to keep the late layers off my seedlings. I think Warehouse has them to fit the steel planter box that holds my miniscule veg plot. Might make for a better crop.
Oxalis, convulvulus, weeds and grass. My gardening (on a tiny section) is done with a lawnmower, and roundup.
Strawberries, carrots, tomatoes, green things and LOTS of weeds.
(23-02-2020, 07:33 PM)wenpen Wrote: Um yeah well I grow cactus, they don't taste all that good

LMAO it would be a mouthful of prickles
Crab2