Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brits told to leave Ukraine
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60359400

The UK says it won't be able to fly people out if Russian invades, & some of the UK embassy staff are being withdrawn but some Brits are saying they can't leave immediately.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60361911

Surely Putin wouldn't be that stupid, to invade Ukraine - he must know the Americans would wade in immediately.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
putin has an advantage over the americans et al
autonomy, he can make decisions in real time, nato etc can only react, and then only after much hand wringing and self flagellation.
i think its the usa posturing, putin is going in.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(13-02-2022, 02:00 PM)Magoo Wrote: putin has an advantage over the americans et al
autonomy, he can make decisions in real time, nato etc can only react, and then only after much hand wringing and self flagellation.
i think its the usa posturing, putin is going in.
He may well do, but I think the USA will get involved if he's stupid enough to do so. They're not usually slow to get involved in other people's wars.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
a decent war would help galvanise the americans
but im not sure theyve got the stomach for it just now
afghanistan etc still fresh
(13-02-2022, 03:41 PM)Magoo Wrote: a decent war would help galvanise the americans
Yep, you'd think that would put them off getting into another war - that & all the bollocks going on over there.
(13-02-2022, 03:41 PM)Magoo Wrote: a decent war would help galvanise the americans
I watched an interview with Biden and he categorically stated that the US would not send in troops.
Any action by the US and Nato would be economic sanctions.
perhaps an occasional strategic drone strike