Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye B....
(22-01-2023, 09:13 AM)harm_less Wrote: . . . and just general streamlining of RUC collection. Easy to tweak charges based on individual vehicle weights but be aware that my 380km range EV weighs less than most double cab utes so be careful what you wish for.
I'm over 98.773% certain that "streamlining", "easy", and words of that ilk are not only absent from the Civil Service Thesaurus, they're probably explicitly banned under the Suppression Of Terrorism Act and absolutely forbidden by OSH lest they cause spontaneous choleric attacks among the Legal Fraternity and the administrative self-circumnavigating drafters of statutes.

Simple laws coming out of Wellington?    [ YEAH, RIGHT ]

Wink

(21-01-2023, 06:27 PM)king1 Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 06:05 PM)harm_less Wrote: You've got to be dreaming mate. The gun ownership situation in the US is absolutely huge. I've worked with US expats in the oil industry and their boasts of the extent of their and their mate's gun collections are eye watering. SM posts of families surrounded by their home's armoury would tend to support this.

There's also a major security issue with compiling a list of firearm locations if done by some volunteer contributor means. A potential shopping list for the crims?

agreed, that is probably the one major reason why a volunteer led register won't work.  Most firearms owners won't not be trusting enough to believe that the organisers can and will keep it secure...  None of them will want to make themselves targets...

Well, of course, firearms owners are only too well aware that "others" are born to be targets, and we know what is planned for targets.

(Duck shooting is only a sport if the ducks can shoot back.)

Confused
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(22-01-2023, 08:42 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(22-01-2023, 09:13 AM)harm_less Wrote: . . . and just general streamlining of RUC collection. Easy to tweak charges based on individual vehicle weights but be aware that my 380km range EV weighs less than most double cab utes so be careful what you wish for.
I'm over 98.773% certain that "streamlining", "easy", and words of that ilk are not only absent from the Civil Service Thesaurus, they're probably explicitly banned under the Suppression Of Terrorism Act and absolutely forbidden by OSH lest they cause spontaneous choleric attacks among the Legal Fraternity and the administrative self-circumnavigating drafters of statutes.

Simple laws coming out of Wellington?    [ YEAH, RIGHT ]

Wink

I realise that your reply is lighthearted but consider that the IRD have recently moved everybody towards online processing of tax returns (GST, etc.) for reasons of simplification and reduction of processing on their part so the precedent has been set.

Changing the RUC system to the extent that the movement of every vehicle in NZ is not a small undertaking and will be sure to raise the ire of the 'civil liberties' brigade so will take a bit of PR to implement. The payback is not only in processing reduction on the part of NZTA but also convenience for all vehicle owners in not having to front up at their local PO to purchase RUC kms on a regular basis.

This is just my prediction for the tuture of our RUC system so time will tell.
(20-01-2023, 06:52 AM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: Well my lambs are only selling for $150 each yet a leg of lamb at the supermarket will cost upwards of $90 and remember there are four on each animal.

Legs of lamb are always the back ones and $90? I don't think so. I have a couple in the freezer. Paid $14kg.
WHole lambs may well sell for $150, but you ship them off, you don't process, pack and retail them.
Why don't you then? Other farmers have online sites selling their meat.