Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why our world is going down the gurgler
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/educati...rchers-say

Whenever I had a sleep in, I got out of bed at 7am. What is it with these so called research people?

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
No I agree with it.
I was like that in my teens. I wasn't up late at night or anything. My dad used to have to drag me out of bed on school days, he was always up at 6.

Later on, I now get up like he did. 6 or so. Nowdays a bit later. 7.
hmmm, I'm not sure the fate of the world is going to hinge on the slumber habits of teenagers...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
No, you are probably right. I guess I'm just an early morning person. Even now I'm up at sparrow fart and most mornings I go for a hobble around the village around 6am.

Ken Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(20-01-2023, 09:25 AM)Kenj Wrote: No, you are probably right. I guess I'm just an early morning person. Even now I'm up at sparrow fart and most mornings I go for a hobble around the village around 6am.

Ken Smile

I do hope you're not one of those early risers that ring people at 7am and first question is "Did I wake you?" - they're annoying...  

Anyone wanna take a guess as to whether i'm a morning or evening person?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I work at Hirepool we start at 7.00 the young guys at work struggle to make it to work on time. They cut it fine from getting out of bed to work so any traffic glitches they are late.
I have instigated a horn of shame a refillable air powered horn. Its under the counter and gets a fair work out.  I get to work at 0630 for a 0700 start. I dont recall being late for work without a real good excuse for 50 years.
By good excuse a windstorm about 6 years ago blocked all the roads including blowing over my fence onto my car, also about 6 weeks ago our road at work was closed because the polezei were trying to apprehend a crook. So went down to sea by the concourse along with lots of other people, didnt make it to work till 11.00 that day.
Dont hold a grudge, slash their tires and call it evens.
If its old and British I want it except British helicopters.
Sleep habits are funny things, I remember as a teen I used to sleep in until about 11.am on a non school day, there were no computers or cell phones in those days, cant remember what time I went to bed but I sure didnt like getting out of it.

During my working life most of it was spent doing shift work, working on the railways then male nursing at geriatric hospitals and finally working a permanent 1400 to 2200 shift for Fonterra.

Now its a different story now I have retired, I start getting sleepy around 2130 and when I wake up its usually at 0700 and I hate that because you would think that after all my stupid shift work I could at least lie in for a while .... but Nooooooo pisses me off  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Start later, and finish later ? That would put schools out time the same as rush hour. But nah, they will still be out at 3.00 or 3.300pm because having to stay at school so late in the day would traumatize them, and lead to problems later in life....

We got up on school days after Mum had left for work - breakfast was on the table and our lunches made and wrapped. We got ourselves off to school on time.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society