Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a bit scary
https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=369752

Ken Sad
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
probably not surprising since a lot of people nowadays, and for a few years, seem to consider vaccines optional...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
You can guarantee that they will never run out of click bait headlines designed to terrify the more gullible amongst the population.
I thought we were back to climate change as the reason to all hide under the bed now ?
a 40 % vaccination rate for something that was basically eradicated when I was growing up is not particularly heartwarming though...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(24-01-2023, 07:31 AM)CliveM Wrote: You can guarantee that they will never run out of click bait headlines designed to terrify the more gullible amongst the population.
I thought we were back to climate change as the reason to all hide under the bed now ?

Might be clickbait but I was a child in the 40s and 50s and it was not a good time in some ways. The little paper cup with pink liquid was a Godsend. A friend of mine had leg irons and crutches. SWMBO's cousin was adopted by her mum and dad as both his parents had died of it.

Like it or not, vaccines have saved millions of lives.

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
The ignorance is palpable, vaccinations of all types saved many of the world's population.

NZ backwater seems to not realize the scourges that beset the rest of the world and ruined peoples lives.

The attitude to vaccinations here amongst some is frightening and imbecilic.

Just like with climate change for which there is now no cure, they'll just have to learn the hard way with no one to blame but themselves.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(24-01-2023, 07:54 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(24-01-2023, 07:31 AM)CliveM Wrote: You can guarantee that they will never run out of click bait headlines designed to terrify the more gullible amongst the population.

Might be clickbait but I was a child in the 40s and 50s and it was not a good time in some ways. The little paper cup with pink liquid was a Godsend. A friend of mine had leg irons and crutches. SWMBO's cousin was adopted by her mum and dad as both his parents had died of it.

Like it or not, vaccines have saved millions of lives.

Ken

My Mum lost friends too. I remember the photos of wards of iron lungs, that was enough to ensure my faith in vaccines. And so far, fully vaxed, and remarkably healthy...
(24-01-2023, 06:28 AM)Kenj Wrote: https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=369752

Ken Sad

South Auckland
Say no more.
Dont hold a grudge, slash their tires and call it evens.
If its old and British I want it except British helicopters.
Are you playing the race card then? Or the vulnerable impoverished one?

Can I just point out that most vaccinations are free and freely available?
The ignorance card most likely.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(24-01-2023, 10:49 AM)zqwerty Wrote: The ignorance card most likely.

I agree. I think ignorance is one of the biggest challenges our communities face these days. On all kinds of subjects...
(24-01-2023, 06:28 AM)Kenj Wrote: https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=369752

Ken Sad

Not to those of us who are vaccinated. But a lot of this sort of thing is because people stopped vaccinating the kids.
And thus, the diseases come back.
(24-01-2023, 05:44 PM)piroska Wrote:

Ken Sad

Not to those of us who are vaccinated. But a lot of this sort of thing is because people stopped vaccinating the kids.
And thus, the diseases come back.

Thing is, some of us have family and friends who genuinely cannot be vaxed, because of pre existing health or immnue system problems. My daughter for instance has been told by her medical team that they cannot guarantee a vax won't exacerbate her MS. So she takes her chances, and so far so good, but ...

If people can be vaxed, it would be good if they could consider others, and take up the opportunities. Life isn't just all about us.
There will always be casualties but they could be kept to a minimum if as many people as possible were vaccinated, this is something I have known since I was a child.

Of course those who have a genuine concern should be protected by the herd immunity but not if too many people are avoiding being vaccinated for whatever reason as seems to be the case.
(24-01-2023, 11:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(24-01-2023, 10:49 AM)zqwerty Wrote: The ignorance card most likely.

I agree. I think ignorance is one of the biggest challenges our communities face these days. On all kinds of subjects...

Ignorance is not the only cause (although nobody knows how deep the ignorance pool is), equipment failure exposes a lot of problems too. There must have been a bad batch of aluminium foil slipped through testing, because people who religiously wear their foil hats are among the victims.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.