Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do I get streamed content to TV
We have just watched streamed funeral on our desktop.  Is there any way to get this onto our TV?  We have fibre and use it to stream content from netflix, and TVNZ+ via WiFi. The computer is connected to the router by a LAN cable, and the TV uses WiFi.
I use a Chromecast.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
an hdmi or VGA/audio cable depending on proximity and available connections - another option
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
If you are/were able to capture the video file copy it onto a USB stick and plug it into the TV. TVs can be fussy about file format though as our Samsung won't play mp4s so for those we use an HDMI cable to enable the TV as an additional monitor for my laptop.
A LOT depends on what devices / Applications you have, if the TV is capable of receiving etc.

Some ways already mentioned.
Connect the PC / Laptop Via HDMI works every time Wink
Chromecast if the TV cant handle other methods.

If the TV will accept, some players, browsers you right click the output (movie, stream etc) Look for Cast To, see if the TV.
VERY quick test -- Start playing what ever it is, press the Windows Key + K A box will open and show available devices.

Make sure Media Streaming is On as sometimes this can cause problems if Off. In Search type in "Turn on media streaming" Make sure its on.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
The easiest is a Chromecast. They're cheap and simple to use.