Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet outage.
Our fibre was out for the best part of 24 hours.
Apparently it was a power outage at an exchange but I believe it was just Vodafone affected in our area.
Weird thing was it was fine during the storm and only went out some time last evening for us.
(15-02-2023, 09:15 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Our fibre was out for the best part of 24 hours.
Apparently it was a power outage at an exchange but I believe it was just Vodafone affected in our area.
Weird thing was it was fine during the storm and only went out some time last evening for us.

might have been running on batteries or generator for a time after power died
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(15-02-2023, 09:55 PM)king1 Wrote:
(15-02-2023, 09:15 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Our fibre was out for the best part of 24 hours.

might have been running on batteries or generator for a time after power died
Quite possible, but there were no power outages in our area, im not sure exactly where the affected exchange was, I believe quite a large area of the north island was affected.
There was a mention of power outages to specific cell towers on one of the news breaks, it might have been that kind of localised loss.

There was also mention of the fact it may take weeks to restore services to some rural areas, part of the price some pay for their peace and tranquility I guess.

We have been very lucky, escaping most of the fallout. Only two streets away water supplies were distinctly dodgy for several days, and some residents quite near us have had no power since Saturday. That must be stressful on top of the threat and sometimes the reality of flooding through their homes.
It Happens, sometimes one persons internet plays up where as a couple of doors down its fine.

All the ISP's use the same fibre cable, so if its a cable break then everyone will be out. The exception of that is Vodafone, they use both Fibre & Their Own Cable. Last time we had an outage in our area it was quite obvious why -  the actual cable was hanging down across the road. BUT on saying that ours was fine it was the cable going across the street to feed the houses on the other side of the road, they did fix it really quick though. Smile
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.