Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opps!
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programme...-closes-in
yep , bit of a fail there...

FYI the thread title can be changed on the forum page - click/tap and hold on the thread title to edit it
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=88
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Big mouth jerk he is.
While trying to find info on radio, all I could get was Am and some talkback. Some guy rang in about supermarkets, Countdown not being open, and was shut down by radio twit, oh I don't know their hours he said, Oh mate =that's your opinion he said, utterly missing the callers point.
Which was: Countdowns, both, stayed shut. Only Pak N Save opened to help people out during the initial few days.
(19-02-2023, 06:48 PM)piroska Wrote: Big mouth jerk he is.
While trying to find info on radio, all I could get was Am and some talkback. Some guy rang in about supermarkets, Countdown not being open, and was shut down by radio twit, oh I don't know their hours he said, Oh mate =that's your opinion he said, utterly missing the callers point.
Which was: Countdowns, both, stayed shut. Only Pak N Save opened to help people out during the initial few days.

Did them a lot of harm here in Napier. Why would anyone go there after their poor effort? Said they gave notifications that they would be closed until after the bad weather was over. Then they said they didn't have any generators to power anything. Pak 'n Save managed to get going pretty quick.
The Village here had a generator here by Wednesday afternoon from Christchurch, enough for essential services,  then a big Cat generator by Thursday night to power the whole village. 

It can be done. Countdown just needed to get off their arse and do it.

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(19-02-2023, 07:16 PM)Kenj Wrote: Did them a lot of harm here in Napier. Why would anyone go there after their poor effort? Said they gave notifications that they would be closed until after the bad weather was over. Then they said they didn't have any generators to power anything. Pak 'n Save managed to get going pretty quick.

It can be done. Countdown just needed to get off their arse and do it.

Ken

Not wrong. They said they donated stuff, but they still had loads of bread, milk and stuff in big piles out back rotting.
Generators now. While we were there they had lights and all on and then it went off. Swapped gens over but why waste it on lights? Save it for tills, fridges etc.
There was tons of light from the windows didn't need lighting.
Of course RNZ would publish an article like this . Anything to make their competitor look bad. Good old government funded radio.
(21-02-2023, 12:42 PM)paulw Wrote: Of course RNZ would publish  an article like this .  Anything to make their competitor look bad.  Good old government funded radio.

Are you saying the Newstalk squalkers aren't stupid fuckwits?
I do have other cameras!
The idea that someone had to try to make Newstalk (Hosts or callers) look bad is causing my eyebrows to do extreme Ninja gymnastics.
It's in their genes. Talk hosts and their attendant dungbeetles  are w-a-y  beyond bad; much as the core of the sun is beyond warm.

I must confess to bias, while visiting sick relatives of SWMBO  I actually heard talk shows on their wireless - hence my scorn.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.